Need cute picture of a straight

I've been working on my labels which are the bane of my life, and really liked the Yushu label that I managed. Do am now working on a general label for the shaving soaps. And it occurred to me that I would like a picture of a half open straight razor, horizontal rather than vertically aligned if that makes sense. But it needs to be in a format that I can resize - but small - this will only be about 2cm wide roughly speaking when on the label.
I have to admit that I was given this idea by Arrowhead's lovely pics of his straights in SOD which I was following with some interest :oops: and have now found myself strangely drawn to these beautiful objects.....but won't be buying one any time soon.
I've surfed all over, and tried the cropping /resizing as per Cheese Dave's very helpful instructions, but they just go blurry when I get them small enough.
So what I would like is a very small but beautiful picture of a straight - in black and white - that I could paste into a word document, and resize if necessary.
All help very gratefully received, and the man who sends me a picture I then use on the label will certainly get a soapy sample. If it's easier to send by email it's <!-- e --><a href="mailto:nannyssillysoap@yahoo.co.uk">nannyssillysoap@yahoo.co.uk</a><!-- e -->
Thanks in advance techies.

I can't now but i do have several razors, i'll take a picture of my best one which is a vintage thiers issard.

Anyway this is her in the flesh i'll see what i can do im sure by the time i'll get back plenty will be thrown up. :)

For something that small and B&W you might find an outline pic of a razor is more suitable.

images

Huxley, a coloured razor would be fine; in fact I find that red very appealing; but where's the cute olde worlde curve on the end of the blade....I want a curve!! But a pic of that on a white background might do.....I do like the red.

Antdad, I don't want just an outline I think, I can print the razor in colour, but don't want a coloured background as the label will be white background.....probably wasn't clear in my opening post.

Mr. Cheese, I don't think we're allowed to talk anymore - or people might talk. :lol: :lol:

So you wish to see the tail ok i'll take another tomorrow and have a play with picasa.

So many euphemisms in one thread. :D

Dave i have my killer parrot guarding that ti. ;)

Nanny the tail is there but i'll take another on white tomorrow.

Huxley, yes, now I've realised I can enlarge your pic. I can see the tail.....and do like that slash of red.....but maybe a man staring at a shaving soap in a shop might find it a little disconcerting - too many unfortunate connotations? Or is that all part of the fun??.....comments welcome.

Attero, I love the engraving on that, although not sure how it would show up in the size I'm after. Like the bottom pic but a teensie bit more open and on a white background would be good.

Thanks already gents, I'm aiming for a label that will look simple but classy

What you see on screen won't necessarily translate to print very well, especially something that small. That's why I suggested a simplified line drawing or clip art as Dave did. Boab's picture I suspect would just turn into silhouette if reduced in size and printed in B&W.

Ok i have taken what i feel is the best of the bunch.

Edit now added a more traditional look with a white background, can also do full colour b&w etc

And here is my collection.

p1070056m.jpg

Back
Top Bottom