Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

I have used this four times now and been very impressed with the result once I Got used to the razor

One time for it to be moved on, i will clean and post to Kokain this afternoon

Thanks Dick for the opportunity to try this out

Simon

Greetings

Sorry for being late picking up these posts, I have been away for a week with no internet access.

There is no problem at all continuing the pass around for as long as there is another 'victim' wishing to try it, as I personally have no love at all for the razor I am in no hurry to see it's return.

It is as already stated the 2011 fierce model.

Regards
Dick.

Re: Muhle R41 Razor

Just an update, I have been contacted by kokain, who will post out to me shortly. Anyone wishing to follow me? (I will post out if I survive....:-/)

ok, received the razor from kokain, thanks (well packaged)
lovely looking razor.
lathered up with proraso green, and used an Astra stainless, as I've used these in other razors before and an always pleased with the result.
Well after two passes I was amazed, only did a third for the sheer hell of it (3 days growth). I had one small nick on my neck, just a spot getting smoothed out!.There was some irritation on my chin, but nothing too bad.
Unfortunately I have come away on holiday and left razor at home, so will have a couple more shaves when I return then pass it on. I was dubious, but I am really happy after the first shave!

Had second shave this morning. One minor nick. Same blade, second use. Derby soap and a new forest brush. 2 passes and an excellent finish. Great razor!

It is a great razor, sounds like you're mastering it well. The Astra is quite a good blade match for it, you need something sharp, 7 o'clock yellows are worth a go too.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to try this razor. I really wanted to see what the fuzz was all about, especially since I was after something that can give me a closer shave. This is the best razor I have ever tried. Baby smooth neck, blade is irrelevant, perfect face control (sideburns, beards) skin feel and audible feedback is outstanding, identical finish and manufacturing as the Edwin Jagger (in fact I found every single part compatible with each other), 3 passes are perfectly fine and mostly irritation free.
To cut a long story short I now own the 2011 R41 and there isn't a single shave I regretted it. I've already messaged Norfolkdick with some high resolution photos of his razor and I want to thank him again for starting this pass around, and allowing everyone, including me, to have a real test before purchasing the right tool.

I can put some final thoughts in my search topic for performance aggressive razor.

MUHLE R41 Arrived today, The packaging was a bit damaged but the razor is fine. I have just loaded a blade and boy does it show a lot more at a guess 50% more than my 38C Barber pole. Will give it a few uses then off to next on the list. PM me your details and I will let you know when it's on its way to you.

This is the first one that I have taken part in and I have to say it's a great idea. Try before you buy really says it all.

Back
Top Bottom