Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

Re: RE: Muhle R41 Razor

Al H said:
fly3k said:
I got a card from royal mail, wife called out to the postman who was only at the gate. He said if he posts the card then he cant give you the package! Royal Mail at its finest!

Will go down to the sorting office on Saturday as they only open 9-1.

That's bollocks they are telling you

If I get a red card and I'm about I drive round town chasing him down and he always gives to me

My sorting office has just changed times from 8-6 to 9-1 too, what a joke when everyone is working

I do the same and always get the item from the postie. Sometimes I have to go and wait by his car until he gets back to it, but he always gives me the item.

Our local postie is brilliant, its just the sorting office that are a bit unreliable.

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

Tried the R41 tonight, first thoughts are that the blade really sticks out a long way! I must say I have never had a first pass so smooth, this really is a beast of a razor.

3 passes no cuts or blood, but I cannot say it was a comfortable shave, not painful but not enjoyable.

I think this will be a good razor if you only want a quick one pass shave or stay WTG.

It certainly ate up 3 days growth with ease. I think towards the end of the final pass I can see why you say only use a blade one then retire it to another razor. Today was a green 7 o'clock anyone have any other recommendations for this one?

Another try tonight. Thought I would try the same blade for a second time, and had the progress on standby. Definitely see why you should only use a blade once in this razor, first pass wasnt as close and halfway through the second pass I switched to the progress as it wasnt comfortable.

Will probably give this one last go with a red personna then move the razor on. Could whoever is next PM me their details.

Had one last go with the R41 today on 3 days growth. New Red Personna loaded up, figured this being a sharp smooth forgiving blade it would be a good combo with this razor and it was.

It is a nice razor but cant see me buying one. The Slant just works better for me. Thanks for the opportunity to try out the beast and it didnt bite thankfully.

Will get this in the post when normal service resumes on Tuesday.

Greetings

The R41 pass around seems to have come to an end.

Last call...... is there anyone else that wishes to try this razor before it returns home.

Regards
Dick.

Yes please I wold like to try this out.

If no one else wants it after me then I will hand deliver it back to you Dick, as I regularly visit west Norfolk and am due in Downham Market and Hunstanton in a couple of weeks time.

Am I Reading this right that Jamie has it as the moment? If so I will pm him

Regards

Simon

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

The R41 pass around seems to have come to an end.

Last call...... is there anyone else that wishes to try this razor before it returns home.

Regards
Dick.

Hey thanks for somehow getting other members to try that bastard of a razor. Kinda like getting the kid to paint the white picket fence for free. Well done in any case.

Yeah, it provided some amusement for almost four months so thanks for that.

Martin

The R41 landed yesterday, first try this morning, actually not a bad result at all, just a little sore in a couple of places. Think this is me that want to add to the arsenal!

I will use for a few days but to remind everyone I am the last on the list so unless anyone else what to try this out I will be returning to Dick next week as I will be working around West Norfolk on Tuesday.

Would it be possible for me to try? This is my first time on passing things around so what do you require from me? Name, address, phone number, any money?

Also which R41 is this? This might be the ultimate solution to my thread for finding a better alternative to my EJ89.

I am sure it is possible - no money changes hands at all?

If you send me a pm with your address when I have have a few shaves' probably early next week, will send this onto you.

Your responsibility is to simple try it out and then, unless anyone else joins the thread and you pass onto them, you will return the razor to Dick.

Kokain said:
Would it be possible for me to try? This is my first time on passing things around so what do you require from me? Name, address, phone number, any money?

Also which R41 is this? This might be the ultimate solution to my thread for finding a better alternative to my EJ89.

Dick

Kokain is asking which head this is - 2011? Or later?

I assume you are happy for this to continue on its journey? (See above)

Simon

Re: Muhle R41 Razor

Please could I be considered for the list. Looking to try as many different things as possible before splashing by meagre amount of pocket money! :blush:

Back
Top Bottom