moisturiser

I have always used a moisturiser ever since I was about 11 years old!
I used to suffer from dry(ish) skin on my face, well it just felt tight so I ended up using some of my mums moisturiser and it felt much better :? .
I used to use E45 cream for years and then just passed on to various others, but now I use Body Shop macca root and it is the best I have ever tried, A bit pricey in my opinion but I really dont care, its a keeper for me.

rangers62 said:
hando said:
rangers62 said:
images

ahh the old cure for AIDS

Eh?

Keeps the "chaps" away ;)

not 100% sure i agree with the above. ASB tends to dry in very quickly, and is very short term. After about 10 mins of using ASB i still feel a need to moisturise.

Yup the L'Occitane Cade is great. Smells great to, but I'm after something without a scent.

Not after an ASB as I love plain old witch hazel as an AS. Can't beat it in my opinion and I think I have a slight addiction to the smell (even though many people dislike it).

Has anyone used King of Shaves Moisturiser?

Yes, I have previously used the KoS Moisturisers and ASB's all have mentholly smells to them.

The closest you'll get to unscented is the Moisturiser by Simple for Men, Clinique M Lotion (has a light "product" smell that goes away quickly) or Nivea Sensitive ASB (use as a moisturiser?)

I have always needed to use a moisturiser after an ASB to get that moisture back in my skin irrespective of the season.

Some blokes think it is a bit effeminate to do so, I don't! I just want to preserve my youthful good looks ;)

PeterFranks said:
Clinique Post Shave Healer. Pricey but excellent. No fragrance , soaks right in, no residue at all.

This is one of my favourites also: as described above plus I would add it´s a very "light" balm and I believe it has aloe vera. For me it´s ideal for summer.

Another good non-fraganced ASB is Institut Karite: awesome moisturizing, very good for someone with very dry skin or the winter.

The Nivea I find too greasy and would not absorb entirely...

Adam D said:
I have always needed to use a moisturiser after an ASB to get that moisture back in my skin irrespective of the season.

Note that NO moisturizer will actually 'get moisture [back] into your skin'. A moisturizer is basically a vapour block. What it does is create a barrier (with oil or other non-water soluble component) that prevents moisture in your skin from evaporating. Any other claims made by cosmetics manufacturers/peddlers are just marketing hype.

There are some cream/moisturizer ingredients that would, in principle, be able to attract some water from the surrounding air and into your skin, but their concentration and limited ability to penetrate into deeper skin layers (i.e. beyond the stratum corneum) makes it questionable whether they have any real effect. Plus, higher concentrations will actually have the opposite effect. Since they are mostly limited to penetrating the SC, rather than attracting moisture from the air, they will actually start attracting moisture from the deeper skin layers and thereby increase dehydration.

I have used the Men-U products in the past and actually really enjoyed them (in spite of the lengthy and scary looking ingredients). The moisturiser doubles as a balm (and works well) however there is no SPF.

Really handle little travel bottles too. Heck, I may even order some more now! :mrgreen:

John

PeterFranks said:
Clinique Post Shave Healer. Pricey but excellent. No fragrance , soaks right in, no residue at all.

Yeah, of all the Clinique products I tried years back, this was the only one I would buy again.

Another good non-fraganced ASB is Institut Karite: awesome moisturizing, very good for someone with very dry skin or the winter.

I love this balm too, however I disagree with you that it's non-fragranced. It has a very light, clean soapy smell (like the soap) which does linger for 30 mins or so. I wouldn't say it would clash with anything however.

John

You are correct John, I wasn´t able to correctly express myself, I think the scent comes from the karite? Just fitting those 2 ASB in the category of neutral/non clashing with other scents/EDT, if that makes sense.
Plus the Institut Karite is great value: huge bottle for a very decent price.

Tried a few of the Clinique range myself and my vote for the worst has to be for their shaving cream, and I tried it brushless also.... :?

Back
Top Bottom