moisturiser

So chaps, picture the scene:

You have had your morning shower and as usual followed it with a fantastic shave. You've used your after shave or witch hazel or whatever you normally use. Before you reach for your favourite cologne you moisturise your face.

What moisturiser do you use?

We all talk at lengths about which aftershave we use, what shave oils, creams, soaps & colognes we all use, but the moisturising step is an important step but alas we never talk about it. Are we all to manly to admit that we moisturise, or is there a large proportion of us that don't bother? Surely not on this forum? ;) We are manly enough to admit it! :lol:

I'm keen to know what everyone uses.

If you're after an unscented moisturiser then best bet would be to look at womans cosmetics in the supermarket or boots. Probably something from the "Simple" brand.

I use "simple for men, daily moisturiser"

its nice and light, doesnt leave a greasy feeling on my skin like nivea does, and its sensibly priced. Its been doing me well for over a year now. I buy it in sets of 3/4 from ebay at about £2 a bottle

Mostly I reach for a BodyShop one called "Mattifying day cream" made from seaweed, it is totally unscented and quite thin. If it is serious bit of razor burn I may then for for DR Harris Aftershave Milk or the Nivea ASB. Onbe of the really good ones is Tabac, it is incredibly highly scented, use the ASB and you will hardly need to use the aftershave.

I have tried many and of them all the best course is avoidance, if a soap makes your skin feel too dry try a different one, if it is burn try different techniques to get rid of it. Henk sem me a sample of his own ASB which was very like Nivea in consistency but works just as well as Dr Harris. Since then I am a WH followed by a splash shaver most days, an AS like DR Sandalwood I find quite moisturising anyway but if the skin is still a little tight or dry (or using cologne) then its any of the light moisturusers.

Thayers do a WH moisturiser which looks to be good value, these days it is not often I use ASB/Moiusurisers. It was antdad that suggested quitting the ASB's and it seemed to work for me, at first there is the desire to put some ASB on after shaving now it is the last thing I do. Just stick to WH and a Splash and leave it for some time to settle and then see how it is before I go out.

Experiment and have fun, it is the only way to know what will work for you.

images

Cheap as, takes a bit for absorption, but if your fizzer is a bit stressed with shaving this stuff is miraculous. Go onto the site and request some samples and try this stuff. It is fantastic. They also sent me money off vouchers for future purchases :D

Withe right soap, shave and AS I don't generally use a moisturiser. But If I need to then I find Clinique's M-Gel the best, it absorbs instantly but lasts all day long. Its about £20 but a tube will see me a year, usually Christmas to Christmas ;)

I very rarely need to use moisturiser except on my ears and hands in winter, I used to use Norwegian formula as it's excellent but a little over kill in this climate. This year I'm using Dove moisturiser why? Because she left it out and I took it!

Back
Top Bottom