Merkur Progress vs Parker Variant

Continuing the comparison theme, I'm going to compare the Merkur Progress 500 to the Parker Variant. I love my Progress. This will be the first time I've used the Variant. Let's see how they compare. Each razor will be used for 3-4 shaves and the balde will be a Polsilver SI. Soap/cream and brush will be whatever I'm feeling at the time.

20221023_164142.jpg
20221023_164151.jpg

I had a Progress 500 for a while and didn't bond with it. Possibly due to the short handle.
Had it been the long handled 510 version I may well have got on with it better?
Never used a Variant, but I remember them getting high praise when released a few years ago.

Looking forward to your thoughts Chris

Have had the Progress 510 long handle since Feb this year and i absolutely love it. Setting 3 for a real close BBS shave, setting 2 for an everyday smooth shave and setting 1 or less for a quick shave that's as good and as safe (nearly) as a cartridge shave. Always used with Astra SP and whatever soap / cream i am playing with that day.

The shave angle is a little steeper than other DE shavers imo, with the handle needing to be a little closer to the face.

If i had to pick just one razor etc,etc,etc :love::love::love:

Me too - the Parker was my first DE. Still have it, rarely used but still highly rated. Never went above 3 on my head though!
Oh yeah. My Variant is for my face and I have a Leaf for my head. My problem is that I don't know whether to shave my face, my head or both.

Maybe I should get rid of my beard and emulate whatever Boycie describes here. Get some more practice in using the Parker on my face.

I can't believe I got all the way through the 13 replies and nobody mentioned the 'deliberate' spelling mistake...
"And the balde will be a polsilver Sl." Bald :LOL:

It tickled me anyway.....
OK onto the original subject, I have neither of those razors. Have always liked the look of the progress and have frequently considered the variant.
If either do end up in the emporium I may take a look....

Looking forward to the reviews....

Bald..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: cracks me up....

I can't believe I got all the way through the 13 replies and nobody mentioned the 'deliberate' spelling mistake...
"And the balde will be a polsilver Sl." Bald :LOL:

It tickled me anyway.....
OK onto the original subject, I have neither of those razors. Have always liked the look of the progress and have frequently considered the variant.
If either do end up in the emporium I may take a look....

Looking forward to the reviews....

Bald..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: cracks me up....
I missed that and now it's too late for me to edit my post.

Oh the shame :(

Back
Top Bottom