men-u pure bristle

Just read Fido's review of the Vulfix 404. Pity I didn't read it yesterday before ordering my Men-U.

I may order one yet though. And justify it to Mrs Smell the Glove by saying that I "need" a back up brush in case the twins get to my Men-U with the scissors again. :D

I'm a little surprised that people don't like the men-u brush. Over the years I have never had the urge or need to upgrade to something more expensive. However as I have only ever used 2 different brushes in my life (the other being a Body Shop synthetic which I didn't care for) I can't really compare it to anything. I suppose it's a case of you don't miss what you never had.

I have seen a few good and a few bad reviews on the synthetics but I have no personal experience of them. I am just trying my first boar. Do the synthetics have a "break in" period like boar and badger?

The Men-U bristle was my first brush, and I found it useless at lathering cream in our hard water area. Mind you, the free thing of their cream was worse - even though I'd never used cream and a brush before at that point, it couldn't just have been my fault that it wouldn't lather AT FLIPPIN' ALL - I mean, nothing - zilch. It would be interesting to see how I'd manage with that brush and cream now given that I'm used to whipping up lather in my bowl that might not be up to the standards of you guys who've been doing it for years, but, given I'm only 3-4 months into doing this, I'm quite proud of. Even more interesting would be to try lathering the Men-U cream with my TOBS synthetic brush. :D

Back
Top Bottom