March 2021 Acquisitions

What would normally be on it @TobyC ?
il_fullxfull.448002814_l8cz.jpg

I assume this is the date range.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 140015.png

So happy to get a knock on the door with this little lot this morning, got my little frenchie back from being beautifully honed by @RussellR5555 and the lovely naniwa finishing stone that I will look forward to having a little practice on in the near future. Russ also very generously sent me a linen strop so that I can have a go with it before using the smooth leather and also to get my by a little before opting to try paste. Thank you Russ I am one very happy man you have helped me a lot and I genuinely appreciate itD2D7C776-C1AC-4E9E-881E-C593127A37A7.jpeg8A39A055-0312-4072-A6A3-9F6E9C214AF2.jpegA72ECF03-A758-44D5-AED0-B45D57D54CF7.jpeg

So happy to get a knock on the door with this little lot this morning, got my little frenchie back from being beautifully honed by @RussellR5555 and the lovely naniwa finishing stone that I will look forward to having a little practice on in the near future. Russ also very generously sent me a linen strop so that I can have a go with it before using the smooth leather and also to get my by a little before opting to try paste. Thank you Russ I am one very happy man you have helped me a lot and I genuinely appreciate itView attachment 65905View attachment 65906View attachment 65907
Top lad that @RussellR5555 he also helped me a lot.
T

He certainly is and I genuinely appreciate his help
So happy to get a knock on the door with this little lot this morning, got my little frenchie back from being beautifully honed by @RussellR5555 and the lovely naniwa finishing stone that I will look forward to having a little practice on in the near future. Russ also very generously sent me a linen strop so that I can have a go with it before using the smooth leather and also to get my by a little before opting to try paste. Thank you Russ I am one very happy man you have helped me a lot and I genuinely appreciate itView attachment 65905View attachment 65906View attachment 65907
Oh shucks - Thanks guys !

I've only seen a few squat head 1912's that were blank, never a regular one, very cool!
Blank backs did indeed come in both sizes - squat and regular. The so-called 'Brilliant' set (in a nickel case) and the 'Popular' set both had blank backs. I've also got a revised comb (post-1930 US) with a blank back, again, full height rather than squat.

IMG_1031.jpg

... both combs, so pre/post-1930. Both say "Ever-Ready Made in USA" on the baseplates. Never say never, but I've yet to see a blank back British Made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom