Little phone rant

Mobile phones. Who is it that there are rubbish ones? Ones that cant handle being used?
My phone is under 3 months old. Its now sometimes refusing to charge, as i found out this morning when i woke up to it on two bar battery life.
Which you wouldnt think so bad, but in an hour it would be down to one bar, then half an hour after it would be beeping at me telling me its out of battery.
It does get used alot in the day. It brings me my emails every half an hour, i use it to go online alot. I text alot on it, and call. So the battery soon gets eaten up.
But can my phone take it? Well after 3 months its not going well, and im doubting it would last another 3 months.
The other phone i had i broke had broken within a week. I then changed it for this one and paid £72 more in the hope that this would be good.
Its crap. I hate it :evil: :cry:
Why didnt i stay with my trusty old Nokia which i could drop and throw around :cry:

If anyone has a Blackberry, or the Nokia equivalent that they want to PIF me of trade me for........... ;)

as i'm a luddite i resisted getting a mobile for ages, i don't want to be contactable every hour of the day.

when i said 'i'll see you in the pub at 7'
we'd be in the pub around 7
i'm not one of these sad wankers you hear on the phone going ' i'm in Asda at the fruit and veg' or 'i'll be there now, i'm outside'

get a life :roll:

mine's hardly ever switched on and it used to be the most basic one you could get £10 in carphone whorehoos, i only got another as i dropped it down the bog texting when having a whizz and it was u\s after that :oops:

before Pigcat asks, no it didn't have a camera and i wasn't taking a picture of my boaby :lol:

think mine was the 1100 or the 1101

like you Joe a billy basic that did what i wanted it to do and the battery lasted ages :roll:

Thats exactly what i do Vinny. Texts, calls, emails, internet. Infact im writing this from my phone now as im sat in 6th form.
Id love a blackberry, but none of the contracts would work out like what i have now.
I mainly text and call my GF. My family are on o2 aswell.
I put £15 on a month. This gives me unlimited texts and calls to o2 numbers. This then leaves me with the £15 to still spend. I then pay for the internet on my phone, which takes £7.50 off the £15 so i still have £7.50 to spend on texts and calls to non o2 numbers.
Dont think i could get a contract with a phone like this that would work out so cheap with what i want.
Nor can i afford it.
My nokia wasnt basic. It had everything on that this does, it was just smaller, not touch screen(not that i like touch screen, im using the qwerty key board now, and always do) not sliding(hate sliding phones) and it was basicly just bullet proof. I dropped it while riding one time and it was fine.

1gear said:
not sliding(hate sliding phones)
I got a sliding phone (Samsung D600) cos I wanted something to cover the keypad so I didn't dial the police with my bum cheeks or my goalie when I put the phone in my pocket (you can still dial emergency numbers on a nokia even with the keypad locked, as my talented bum cheeks once found out).

Some spotty nerd (well I assume he was spotty, and he certainly sounded like a nerd) phoned me up from a phone company the other day trying to sell me a package. He asked me what phone I'd got and when I told him he said, "D600? They're ancient aren't they?"

So I slidy-phoned him right off.

I am one of those sad people that couldnt be without their phones. I keep in contact with my GF with it and do a load of other stuff with it. When im bored i can just come onto the internet, straight onto here and see whats been put.

Got to go back to o2 on saturday morning, which will be absolutly stupid. If they say to me i need to do a full system reset :evil: :x
The last phone i had, that lasted under a week, was an LG GW300. Shaped like a Blackberry, but without all the fancy software. It turned itself off a few times. Changed the background on its own a few times, froze when sending a message(which this one actually does) and the main thing was on the menu. A red box would cover up what you wanted on the menu.
"Its a software problem, just do a full reset and it will be fine mate"
:roll:
"No, that wont fix the software will it" :x

Yesterday I changed to a new plan with Vodafone.
Ive got a business contract with them, only one phone however, and my old plan was 750 mins, mobile to mobile free, unlimited land line calls, free, and free texts. This cost me £30 per month.
The new plan is: 900 minutes mobile to mobile, unlimited land line calls, unlimited texts, and free online - . £21.00 per month.
All in all, a good result for me as i use the phone a lot with ther business.

I have a company phone and I hate it we have to have them able to take calls 24/7 if I am in bed or not working they leave messages that they want answering. They have just given me a new Nokia 2323 we only use the phone and text. Last weekend I was on shift and went through 3 batteries in one 12 hour shift. I had an old 6320i before this new phone that was a very good phone. Btw it has the same batteries as the 2323 which is why we have them.

Graham

Okay I'm a fella of a certain age but once friends, family and associates realised that I could be contactable nearly every hour of the day...the mobile didn't stand a chance. It was off most of the time, and then binned because folks complained that it was never on, that was a long time ago.

If you need it for work or business fair enough but when I witnessed two numpty's standing virtually next to each other and then asking each exactly where they were it was over, piece is bliss. I recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom