Leaf Razor vs Twig Razor by Leaf Shave

Leaf Razor vs Twig Razor by Leaf Shave

• Total voters
so had a head shave today with the leaf and twig combo on the second use of the feather blades and what an awesome shave, honestly I got a Rockwell 6S recently and only used it twice but last few shaves I keep going for the leaf shave as the shaves are becoming better, easier and quicker too

Ive read and heard that feathers perform better on second plus shave onwards, I think that could may well could be some truth to that

hey anyone had issues with the paint chipping off on the leaf razor?

Bit disappointing as I do look after my razors and haven't double checked yet but don't seem to have an issue with the twig I think

Black, and when the paints chipped off it's silver I think off the top of my head
OK. The reason I asked about the colour is because I had a vague recollection of reading something about this before I bought mine:

Please be aware the Rose Gold finish is prone to patina and the Black is soft - may show wear or chip cosmetically over time with casual use

That link is to a third party website, and I've also seen this statement elsewhere. I don't know what leafshave say about this issue but I wonder if their lifetime warranty or, more generally, customer service might say about it if you were to contact them.

Reactions: saj
OK. The reason I asked about the colour is because I had a vague recollection of reading something about this before I bought mine:

Please be aware the Rose Gold finish is prone to patina and the Black is soft - may show wear or chip cosmetically over time with casual use

That link is to a third party website, and I've also seen this statement elsewhere. I don't know what leafshave say about this issue but I wonder if their lifetime warranty or, more generally, customer service might say about it if you were to contact them.
Their customer service has been very good when I had an issue and I wouldn't really bother myself personally contacting them over this but it's defo disappointing as you'd expect it to last some time before wear and tear issues, not sure if it's just me but like I said I look after my razors

I am a committed Leaf and Twig user, in fact I sold my collection of DE's because of these two shaving so well. I enjoy them both. I tend not to shave with the Twig and use it for it's intended purpose, under the schnozz.
I honestly think the Leaf would have sold better and been better received had it been a two blade with a smaller head. I contacted Leaf to see if they had plans to release a two blade version. They said they were considering it but it never came to fruition. If you use the Leaf properly ie like a cart then it shaves really well. It isn't used like a DE. Long sweeping strokes with pressure is the order of the day. I adore both of mine.

It isn't used like a DE. Long sweeping strokes with pressure is the order of the day.
Hi Wayne,

I'm new to the Twig and struggling to dial into the great shave like a lot of folk get with this razor. Can I please ask in terms of the angle of razor - do you have the head almost flat to your skin? My instinct coming from DE's is to have a slight angle of attack as it were. I maybe over thinking it, but struggling at present to get a close shave.

I have been using my go to blade, the Polsilver SI. For tomorrows shave going to try the yellow 7 o'clock. I'm bit of a believer that certain blades work better in certain razors :rolleyes:

Thanks, Richard

Hi Glenn
No problem, the Twig shaves the same as a DE so you use the same angle as a DE because it doesn't have a pivoting head like the Leaf. The Twig isn't an aggressive razor, it wasn't really designed for a full shave, it's a touch up razor for the bits the Leaf can't get to. A sharper blade may do the trick for you, the Gillette Yellow is a better blade, if that doesn't work for you, try a Feather. Good luck

I have both the Leaf and the more aggressive Twig, the Thorn I prefer the Leaf by far, it’s my go-to head razor. Like Wayne says the Twig or Thorn is better for getting the bits that the Leaf can’t quite get to like under the nostrils. I should think it would be good for lining up sideburns or goatees too. Having said all that I will be taking the Thorn as both a head and face razor on my long distance walks in the summer due to its relative lightness.

So it’s for the fairer sex then? Thank goodness for that! Dermaplaning? Where do they get the terminology from?
Women don't like admitting to shaving. As they get older and grow a moustache, they dermaplane. God forbid they would shave.
And they will shave where you can't see why. Microscopic bumfluff ruins the perfect make-up. The palms of your hands, and the equivalent on your feet, have no hair. The rest does, even the female face.
I've always thought they were the unfair sex. If it wasn't for hormones I wouldn't give them time of day.

So been using the leaf and twig combo most shaves recently

I've learned that I personally find that blades like that blades which I'd say are medium to sharp bit not too sharp perform best and make a big difference in terms of a comfortable BBS shave

Example blades I enjoy are Voskhod and nacetd, obviously nacets are sharper but I think anything sharper then nacets means potential irritation and also.in turn makes it a bit bitey perfect example is the feather blades which is usually my go to blades but always causes me irritation with the leaf YMMV

I'm curious if anyone else in the same boat as me?

enjoying the leaf and twig combo atm when I just want to get it over and done with and cba tbh

Back
Top Bottom