Le Tour

I must agree that Evans doesn't come across well, but until yesterday every interview I saw with a Schleck (Andy in particular) consisted of whinging about descents and whinging about other riders not working or attacking - indeed, yesterday AS had the nerve to talk about Evans not working after he and Frank had basically been towed by him for much of the previous few days! He does seem more personable when he's winning, though.

If it comes down to personalities, I think I want all the leading GC contenders to lose ;). Shame Voeckler's probably out of touch!

(I did like Contador yesterday. "Why did you attack, for the stage or for the tour?" "For the pleasure!")

Personality rarely affects my admiration for a sportsman or woman. As for this business of not "working" it seems to me that each rider must be free to decide their own tactics for winning or have I missed something? I hope Evans wins - great to see an Aussie win Le Tour for the first time.

And Cav now seems a cert for the green jersey. He's get my vote for sports personality of the year but I doubt Le Tour has a big enough UK following.

I just got into the tour this year. (Last week, actually.) Not because of Cadel Evans but that sure doesn't hurt. About to watch his time trial in a few minutes. Go Cadel!

Another great sporting spectacle. That's it for another year.

For those who haven't followed it, Le Tour is great viewing you can look forward to on rainy summer days in retirement.

Fido said:
Another great sporting spectacle. That's it for another year.

For those who haven't followed it, Le Tour is great viewing you can look forward to on rainy summer days in retirement.

I agree entirely! My only regret is that I missed a few days as retirement eludes me at present....though I would welcome it, while I am still fit enough to enjoy it.

I've been hugely impressed by the whole HTC team, and after that time trial who can argue that Evans didn't deserve the overall win?

I'd agree - Cav for sports personality of the year. He's done something major no Brit's ever done before, he is a personality and gives great interviews, and he seems to have tremendous taste in women!

Back
Top Bottom