Lather Shots

Sat 1.1.2022 - Wishing all TSR Members a Happy New Year! Wishing all to be safe, be healthy & have great shaves!!
Soap The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co Topanga Fougere
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
The soap is great! Just a little turns into a beautiful cone of creamy and slick lather with a nice scent too!

Soap: I Coloniali
Brush: Shaving Shack badger
My first ever badger (bought around 2014) after using boar brushes exclusively for >35 years - almost certainly a Vulfix re-brand which, disappointingly, never had any backbone from the start. One for light growth and painting. The soap isn’t renowned for its lather but this will do me - unique scent and great slickness.

Last edited:
Soap Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
This is a rarely used soap because only has just a small amount. Very precious! Ohhh boy..what a wonderful scent! It lathers easily and it was super rich, creamy, and slick!

Soap LaToja Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
This soap does not look impressive but boy, upon lathering...which was really easy, the lather is very impressive. A pleasant mild scent together with a super creamy, and very slick lather...must use this for straights. Outstanding soap!

Cream Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Just an all-around wonderful lather from this cream! Awesome delicious looking cone of creamy and slick lather...

Brush: Evenmoore, Allmoody & Cobbs badger (Old'e English Shaving Shop, S. Africa ) - picked up off EBay many years ago. They now declare they make all of their products although, given its age, the brush may well be a re-branded Vulfix travel brush.

Used extensively and now has no backbone but a favourite which is taken out now and again.
Soap: Razorock XXX, one of my v. favourite soaps. Scent and performance sublime.

Last edited: