Lather Shots

Brush: boar, badged as Cussons (the makers, of course, of Imperial Leather etc). An unknown (to me) manufacturer must have been producing this as a generic brush to be re-badged, as I have another identical brush in a different set. The markings have faded and, although marked as pure bristle, it never needed breaking in and worked from the start. Were it not for the markings its relative softness would make me think it had some badger in it - a good latherer.
Soap: Professor Blighty Wood Smoke (I forgot to capture the tub). A glycerine soap that needs a bit of work to produce lather of the consistency I like. Nice and slick but not my favourite scent.

F78A7C8A-4578-4C1D-A870-EEC0715CFDC3.jpeg

Last edited:
Soap Smoking Monsters Zen Tea New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Wow...this new soap, is very nice! The scent is really good, has consistent strength, and lasts too. The lather is good, creamy & slick...will be using a few more of these soap options...some terrific choices
20220127_072540.jpg

Soap Smoking Monster Palace of Bliss New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
The soap base is good for sure...lather was really rich, creamy, and slick..the scent was quite Stout...hard to describe but like some type of rich food...interesting.
20220128_071527.jpg

Soap Colonel Conk Amber
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Missed using this excellent soap. Did not disappoint at all. Lightly scented but the lather is beautifully rich and very slick...sud use more for SR
20220131_073635.jpg

Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Beautiful qualities from this soap! The scent was great with some cooling sensation and the lather is just real creamy and slick!
20220201_143433.jpg

Brush: boar knot picked up from eBay some time ago (possibly ACE shaving). 3 in the pack - one unusable, this (which I set in a cheap aliexpress handle) and another I've not yet set. 24 mm and breaking in nicely but quite dense. It holds a lot of water so requires a good shake or a lot of loading otherwise, as you can see, it will eat lather.
Soap: Tabac (pre vegan formulation). Generally lathers effortlessly and delivers a nice slick shave (and I like the scent).

6F5B313F-E6F1-40CC-9555-12E73F1C3D73.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom