June 2022 Acquisitions

Ok iv done it again but this now is definitely my last in the near future.
Not my last forever that would be a silly comment in this ever so addictive hobby :ROFLMAO:
Never say never ah.
I’ll give you all a tip
don’t work away from home you get bored & spend.
But hopefully i’m done.
i can feel a rehab session coming on
Sheesh man, worse than me! You'll have to say how you get on with the QR code, a novel approach to a mini series of brushes.

Just arrived thanks to postman Pat.

Can't believe how quickly this was shipped and arrived. I'd been trying to get the black tip superspeed, but that particular beauty went for about 15 quid more than I was prepared to pay.

As it was, I got this black handled M2 flare tip which is in super condition. I did want one since I got the S1 one for my brother's 50th. I'd obviously given that a run out before I re-cleaned and wrapped it!
Has anyone ever tried the blades you get with these? Part of me wanting to give it a bash and the other saying no, don't be a dick, it's not been wrapped and protected, could have been used and you're bound to get folliculitis or worse!

The surprise was the Brit flare tip that I got for less than £20, i.e. less than some soaps I've bought! Late 50's (looking at the weight etc.). It had a lazy door and was a bit stiff. A damn good soak,little bit of toothbrush action and concentrating on the riser and door mechanism means it's now got a smooth action and is ready for a run out. Let's see how it performs compared to the USA Z3 flare tip. It's 1g heavier, not sure of the blade gap. I may do a side by side SoTD to really compare them.

Not sure which of these will get it's run out tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_121731__01.jpg
    IMG_20220628_121731__01.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 14
Just arrived thanks to postman Pat.

Can't believe how quickly this was shipped and arrived. I'd been trying to get the black tip superspeed, but that particular beauty went for about 15 quid more than I was prepared to pay.

As it was, I got this black handled M2 flare tip which is in super condition. I did want one since I got the S1 one for my brother's 50th. I'd obviously given that a run out before I re-cleaned and wrapped it!
Has anyone ever tried the blades you get with these? Part of me wanting to give it a bash and the other saying no, don't be a dick, it's not been wrapped and protected, could have been used and you're bound to get folliculitis or worse!

The surprise was the Brit flare tip that I got for less than £20, i.e. less than some soaps I've bought! Late 50's (looking at the weight etc.). It had a lazy door and was a bit stiff. A damn good soak,little bit of toothbrush action and concentrating on the riser and door mechanism means it's now got a smooth action and is ready for a run out. Let's see how it performs compared to the USA Z3 flare tip. It's 1g heavier, not sure of the blade gap. I may do a side by side SoTD to really compare them.

Not sure which of these will get it's run out tomorrow
I love the superspeeds and i have this one from 1966 my birth year.
As to the blades Yes iv tried them & likes them.
i’m sure you’ll be able to tell if it’s usable or not

View attachment 89867

A Gillette King C. £10 at the local Tesco in the cheap box because the carton was damaged. Razor appears fine.

Thought 'why not?' as perfect for taking away

If anything, the handle is a nice fit for the likes of the Yaqi SE/AC. The head is a sort of best of both worlds, between an R89 and M23. Future resale ("with original shipper") will be affected, mind :ROFLMAO:

Stirling Stainless DE Razor
VyiSwit.jpg

Got this tech with original case and box. It needed a couple of soak and brush cycles to get the crud off it. Gave it a polish with peek and a final clean off and buff. The brass is clearly noticeable on the top cap, but still seems like it's ok otherwise, just lots of wear and tear. It will gets run out, but has to join the queue!

Saw that Droid Black aftershave was available and also chucked in some Cella aloe to match the soap. Don't know if I'll get through it in the 3 hot days that are left this year!

Attachments

• IMG_20220630_130951__01.jpg
    IMG_20220630_130951__01.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220629_121430__01.jpg
    IMG_20220629_121430__01.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom