June 2022 Acquisitions

Been very well behaved on the 'buying front' recently but just keep in touch with the real world and because you can, ordered the Novus spice shaving soap and a couple of bars of the bath soap from Signature.

Anyone else buy other items from Brian, not being shaving related? His other products are damn fine as well.

Golden Shave Double Head Handmade Brass Safety Razor
rg0nsfl.png

Delivered not 5 minutes ago from Connaught, masters of fast despatch! (Actually this time maybe almost too fast but that's another story)!
A restock of Tabac and Astra SPs, all of which was an excuse to try a decent boar. This is the Semogue 820 in clear and black with the undyed boar knot. I have a Men-ü boar that's dyed to look like badger, but I don't get on with it really (was my first brush) and I really like the vintage black and lucite style handle with the traditional boar knot.
Having had the thought going round my head that why would anyone who had a decent badger brush or a couple of high quality synthetics want to bother, I figured maybe, given all the love boars get, that maybe I just needed to get the right boar to find out.
I haven't even got it wet yet and it feels better than my other one, so I am looking forward to breaking it in and using it. Got plenty of backbone, much denser but already softer than the old one. I think I'm going to like it.
20220604_122314.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Marc. Looks stunning, a proper gentleman's razor. I like the flared hex handle a lot, seems quite unique to me. I'm sure gramps would have been secretly envious and no doubt proud of you for finding a suitable memento. That is practically the wet shaving equivalent of a cigar when you have your first sprog. Enjoy!

Nice one Marc. Looks stunning, a proper gentleman's razor. I like the flared hex handle a lot, seems quite unique to me. I'm sure gramps would have been secretly envious and no doubt proud of you for finding a suitable memento. That is practically the wet shaving equivalent of a cigar when you have your first sprog. Enjoy!
Yeah the darwin handle isn't my normal style but thought I'd give it a bash, it's a lot nice in the hand than I thought it would be. But aye, I did actually do that when the little one arrived so yeah thought I'd get something a little special to mark the occasion.
Incredible, congratulations. What was the configuration?
Cheers, just went for the basic polish finish, 1.25 both sides. I was going to blow it out the water and go for the 1.55 or 1.25/1.55 but thought I'd play it relatively safe! I'd read a ton and this one might be a little less than my norm but I think I'll get on with it...well I hope so anyway lol

Been very well behaved on the 'buying front' recently but just keep in touch with the real world and because you can, ordered the Novus spice shaving soap and a couple of bars of the bath soap from Signature.

Anyone else buy other items from Brian, not being shaving related? His other products are damn fine as well.

Last month I bought a shampoo bar and oatmeal soap bar along with some wicstun shaving soap. All are superb.

Back
Top Bottom