Jewell Super Stainless Sheffield

I managed to get 100 of these blades too.

I have given my first one a go, and going WTG I thought it was slightly above average. The cutting action was smooth, but I just didn't feel it was anything exceptional. However,m I then went ATG and I realised that I actually really like this blade. It was a much cleaner, smoother and crisper action than other blades I have used (Derbys, Tigers, Bolzano and Red Personna), and it is the closest I have gotten to a BBS.

Maybe my initial disappointment with my WTG was that they had been quite hyped up on here, but I enjoyed my shave a lot as soon as I went ATG, and I can fully agree with those who have made good comments about them.

I just wish I had taken a gamble and bought more than 100 (especially as they were so cheap) :(

I used one over the weekend and liked it, my order arrived this morning and came with a nice handwritten note and also a little pink disposable 2 blade razor. Thankfully this pink thing was quickly snaffled by Mrs Audiolab so I don't need to think about it anymore.

Nice little blades and at £5 for 100 they price is very good, apart from that I am a sucker for any new old stock so couldn't resist. Seller is genuine and quick in shipping. Need to try a fe more of them to decide but they were worth a punt.

Audiolab said:
I used one over the weekend and liked it, my order arrived this morning and came with a nice handwritten note and also a little pink disposable 2 blade razor. Thankfully this pink thing was quickly snaffled by Mrs Audiolab so I don't need to think about it anymore.

Nice little blades and at £5 for 100 they price is very good, apart from that I am a sucker for any new old stock so couldn't resist. Seller is genuine and quick in shipping. Need to try a fe more of them to decide but they were worth a punt.

i got a little pink one.....disposible razor i mean :oops:

i put it next to my blades,.........it had gone missing, and then found in the bathroom, left by my better half, she now wants me to order some
50 for £5.00, she puts up with all my creams, blades, razors, how could i refuse :D

I have had a look on the 'bay and can't find any! Has the guy sold out? Could anyone point me in the right direction if not?

Cheers,

I finally used one of these this morning and to be honest, i am not sure if they are for me. There was a tonne of tugging going on. I shall give it the benefit of the doubt and maybe try again tomorrow, or try a new blade in a different razor, but in my EJ Chatsworth it didn't feel too good (in my experience, the Chatsworth can tame most blades i have tried too).

So if i have no joy and you like them, keep your eyes out over the next few days on the BST for the pillar pack i have. :lol:

I just tried one and was very impressed. Sharper than most and quite smooth. Not as smooth as some of the better Gillettes IMO but sharper than I was expecting. Only needed two passes to get BBS (usually need three or four) although the previous shave I had was last night rather than earlier in the day. Just tricky to get hold of.

Today, still wanted by the pogonauts, they survive as blades of fortune. If you have a problem...if no one else can help...and if you can find them...maybe you can try The Jewels.

Back
Top Bottom