January 2021 Acquisitions

My inner magpie could not resist ...

ACtC-3dUIhAf5tCXq2WpdwxFw5kgdxHX5RJWApGYT7EmQO1F6_v44fal_4xlIIjN_7BFPjw-JD2d3XEu8aHCnWKJQE5WKTpuD4sUjgPTz8z4KWg8Mxq6J_51gozq9xb5DKUSpJOLOX5yGF7sPbQocmC4v9uX8A=s1200

Highly polished Muhle Rocca
Wickham's Apricus

It's well known that I'm a big fan of Roger Quintero's 3D razor designs. When I posted a picture of my GEM adjustable printed by a printing service Roger pointed out to me that the razor head had been printed in the incorrect orientation which I hadn't noticed. During our PM, I mentioned that his Triceratops razor was becoming a favourite of mine and the resin version with the ornate handle was absolutely stunning.
A couple of days ago the razors below arrived from Roger:
Not only an ornate resin Triceratops, but full ENDGEM SPEED set, the GEM adjustable with 3 plates, another unique GEM style razor, plus Roger's take on the Rocnel SE-P.
IMG-20210106-210037474-HDR-01.jpg

This generosity has totally humbled me. Roger, you're a star.
I'll be shaving with the â„–1 ENDGEM SPEED later today.

My last purchases for a while (the Hampshire wool soap is on order but obviously not here yet.) Initial smell tests reveal the Rasozero Barbacco to be a very mild scent, but the Agrumella to be citrus personified. As @Paul L suggested, the Mogno is indeed "pleasantly masculine", but the bonus for me is the Goodfellas Smile Briar Wood - added as an afterthought to hit free P&P ;) Sweet without being sickly and a nice "darkness" there as well. Now to see how they actually perform. New boar brush in there to compare against the synthetic softness of the Yaqis, and the obligatory couple of new blade tucks to try. One happy camper this morning :giggle:Rasozero.jpg

It's well known that I'm a big fan of Roger Quintero's 3D razor designs. When I posted a picture of my GEM adjustable printed by a printing service Roger pointed out to me that the razor head had been printed in the incorrect orientation which I hadn't noticed. During our PM, I mentioned that his Triceratops razor was becoming a favourite of mine and the resin version with the ornate handle was absolutely stunning.
A couple of days ago the razors below arrived from Roger:
Not only an ornate resin Triceratops, but full ENDGEM SPEED set, the GEM adjustable with 3 plates, another unique GEM style razor, plus Roger's take on the Rocnel SE-P.
IMG-20210106-210037474-HDR-01.jpg

This generosity has totally humbled me. Roger, you're a star.
I'll be shaving with the â„–1 ENDGEM SPEED later today.

Quite a collection building up there, lad!

The latest one (in the middle) reminds me a lot of the so-called "reverse lather catcher" ...

ACtC-3cLJeBnOtdRnvxo0yLsQJiR3V3jidw1Na_JMCAxvCrbO_xZ0JZoYjOA2gafgfcrGfw1plT9-rN_Xhczlp7GGFrx6-obMBUR8gp0s-uRws-pN3dMvRMCf3x7cOE1ucHyawEDGmSzgFUKFNUQaUtnkG71bQ=w800

My last purchases for a while (the Hampshire wool soap is on order but obviously not here yet.) Initial smell tests reveal the Rasozero Barbacco to be a very mild scent, but the Agrumella to be citrus personified. As @Paul L suggested, the Mogno is indeed "pleasantly masculine", but the bonus for me is the Goodfellas Smile Briar Wood - added as an afterthought to hit free P&P ;) Sweet without being sickly and a nice "darkness" there as well. Now to see how they actually perform. New boar brush in there to compare against the synthetic softness of the Yaqis, and the obligatory couple of new blade tucks to try. One happy camper this morning :giggle:View attachment 62940

Mogno is a very good soap, but I found using it like a shave stick a bit awkward (regarding storing it), so I grated and pressed it in to a ceramic dish.
I'm sure you'll be impressed with it's performance

Back
Top Bottom