Is this the thin end of the wedge?

I thought this thread was going to be about cheese or eighties haircuts or cheesy eighties haircuts.

Anyway it's a little known fact that Phil Oakey of the Human League was in fact a prodigious consumer of dairy products and it is that
which led to the ultimate demise of his hairline and not any genetic predisposition. I can't prove it though.

Bechet45 said:
Chris - to say, "if Carl believes that Ayurveda helps him more than conventional medicine" is to flip what I said to suit your argument.

Allopathic medicine failed to cure a skin condition from which I suffered for years. Ayurvedic medicine cured it in no time at all. Anecdotal evidence by all means - and absolute irrefutable fact to myself and those around me.

But back to the point - just because an American company withdraws a product from a home market is no basis for concluding/assuming/fearing/believing it will be withdrawn from a foreign market in which it sells well. Very illogical - if there are degrees of illogicality. Not to be expected of a trained mind, I'd have thought! But yes - you hang up your trained mind with your lab coat, if I read you correctly. Unlike philosophers who rarely if ever switch off their trained minds - it's a way of seeing life and the world and universe, not a closeted lab experience.

Btb, I admire your ability and willingness to keep digging. Have you thought to look up from your labours and smile? We believe passionately in science - but does that make science un-scientific?

Damn! You posted before me.

Apologies, Carl - any flipping was a genuine error. I recalled, falsely, it seems, that you concluded that you had greater faith in Ayurveda than allopathic medicine overall. Given the link which I was sent in that thread about tests on Ayurvedic skin creams, however, I wonder if the positive results you experienced were less to do with the powers of Ayurveda and more to do with an extra-high concentration of the standard allopathic active compound (above the concentration permissible for allopathic licensing).

As regards the topic of this thread, I specifically ignored the scientific approach as I considered that it was likely that management decisions taken by Colgate-Palmolive execs were unlikely to be taken in such a way, and that, therefore, to do so would be futile. I agree, though, that there is no logical reason for them to withdraw the products from the European market.

Dave.B said:
I guess i should have been more precise and less liberal with the term wet shaving and stuck traditional before it but plenty people including me don't consider using a cart as a term used to describe wet shaving...

Dave, I'm not being a pedant here but shaving is shaving whether you use a vintage gillette, modern alternative or cartriges. The point is that soaps, creams, brushes, pre and post shave products apply to catridge users just as much as anyone else. All of these products are subject to healthy discussion on this forum - in addition to the tools for removing whiskers. I certainly would not exclude cartridge users from the wet shaving community.

in response to the original question - i don't think so but maybe.

as someone pointed out - life is too short for cheap shaving soaps/creams. i use them to use them up but i probably won't buy more of them.

Back
Top Bottom