Injectors

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Guys i know absolute zero on injectors & never really shown any interest in them.
I m thinking of getting one but unsure if i really want to go down that road.
i know they are dirt cheap so won’t cost much if i dislike it but my question is
What should i buy ?
What Razor, Blade Combo ?
I think being in to wet shaving i should at least take an interest,
whether i actually go out & buy one remains to be seen but i should at least know what to look for.
Any info would be good please

Schick E or G razors look generally like this, they are usually dirt cheap on the bay because they made bzillions of 'em. I use Schick brand blades from Amazon.

il_570xN.242206158.jpg

85feda69-e804-45ce-a2e2-4a1c1c3aafec_1.0d3e3f8abc71a3cff1e56a7a0326bada.jpeg

Some good info on blades here Mike:

A modern option for an injector is the Supply Single Edge. Available with 3 plates. The Schick E and L types are worthwhile additions to your den as well. There's a PAL injector but I've never tried one.

Thanks lads i’ll have a look
I don’t want anything to expensive BUT
knowing me it won’t be cheap either lol
well not so much the price but i do like pristine with original packaging if possible

Thanks lads i’ll have a look
I don’t want anything to expensive BUT
knowing me it won’t be cheap either lol
well not so much the price but i do like pristine with original packaging if possible
The PALs seem to turn up in the original boxes, with instructions etc., more often than others. There's quite a nice "New" and unused one on a well-known auction site at the moment, at what seems to me to be a reasonable BIN price for what it is. As regards price, the "loose" ones are obviously a lot cheaper than a top condition specimen in an equally good condition plastic case, with all the bits, and the cardboard wrapper as well.

I'm afraid that I haven't bought any of these for a few years, so couldn't say quite what the going rate is. However, unless a razor is a very specific example that I'm after, I've always made a point of buying Schicks, PALs and vintage DE razors of all makes in their original cases at the very least, and preferably with all the bits and pieces. The singletons mostly shave as well, but personally I think that having the "full monty" kit with these makes all the difference.

Last edited:
The PALs seem to turn up in the original boxes, with instructions etc., more often than others. There's quite a nice "New" and unused one on a well-known auction site at the moment, at what seems to me to be a reasonable BIN price for what it is. As regards price, the "loose" ones are obviously a lot cheaper than a top condition specimen in an equally good condition plastic case, with all the bits, and the cardboard wrapper as well.

I'm afraid that I haven't bought any of these for a few years, so couldn't say quite what the going rate is. However, unless a razor is a very specific example that I'm after, I've always made a point of buying Schicks, PALs and vintage DE razors of all makes in their original cases at the very least, and preferably with all the bits and pieces. The singletons mostly shave as well, but personally I think that having the "full monty" kit with these makes all the difference.
Yeah i agree mate no point i. going half measures ah lol

I have a schick L type, with personna blades it is spot on perfect. I need to start logging my shaves because I have used it for ages and the blade is still good.
Just had a search, the blade has been used since the second of november so that's at least ten shaves as I had lazy times with no shaving.
I am going to keep using the blade until it starts getting tuggy or rough feeling.

Wow seems like another minefield or should i say rabbit hole lol
i genuinely don’t want to go down the road of getting the best, getting pristine, getting different company’s,
i feel i’m just thinking about it yet i’m getting caught in the headlights already.
Honestly my head has been bursting & thanks lads for all the info.
I’m still unsure if it’s a road i want to go down.
Well i actually do but my heads at a crossroads
i already have two Fasan’s En Route one from france & one from Argentina.
Still think i’ll get an injector would be rude not two.
Thanks Lads

Back
Top Bottom