Injector blades, is it only personna from connaught or are there more available.

jimmyc

Supporter
Supporter
I am now the owner of an injector schick l1 razor.thanks to @ATG I have schick ultra platinum blades with it, they shave me perfectly but they seem to be not available, what are the alternative blades. I know about personna injectors from connaught. Do the Schick b20 blades fit or can I make them fit. Or any other sources for blades. Thanks

B-20's will fit but you will need to move them into an old dispenser that has a key attached. It's a pretty easy and straight forward task to do.

In terms of buying blades, other than Connuaght, eBay or the BST is the only other source I'm aware of.

Personna blades are readily available but are not the best blades out there. Vintage Schick blades (if you can find them) and B-20's are by far your best option.

Last edited:
I use these from Amazon.

41p86nVBvoL._AC_.jpg

The above is a pretty much the range, Jimmy. Chicks (Chinese Schick) are the yellow ones Toby has shown. 7 blades per dispenser. OK value in the US but we need to import them and that increases the cost considerably but it can easily be done through Amazon US. I quite like the Personna blades and they're good value from Connaught. The Schick B-20 blades are just a shorter version of the P-20/30 blade which means they're very good. The dispenser misses the injection key though so you'll need to transfer a few to a keyed dispenser as mentioned above. Easy to do. The B-20 blades aren't cheap but are available from Connaught. A bulk buy from Japan reduces the per blade cost somewhat.

If you want to sample the Personna and B-20, drop me a PM and I'll get some in the post to you.

I got a pack of Parker blades with my new Parker injector. The blade cartridge is certainly a remarkably good match for Personna but, of course, that may indicate only that there is only one worldwide source for new injector cartridges so all must use the same container.

It would be interesting to know if these are a new blade on the market.!

My advice:
Don't throw away the Schick Ultra Platinum magazine when it is empty.
That's what you need to use Schick B20 blades.
I sometimes even transfer Personna blades to an empty metal magazine if the Personna magazine is exceptionally wonky.
Personna blades are not bad at all, the plastic magazine spoils the fun.
My favourite non-vintage injector blades are the Chinese Schicks (best bought from Amazon US - quite simple).
Then there are Japanese Schick blades, both single and twin. While good, they are far too expensive.
Vintage blades are often very good and can occasionally be found on eBay.

My advice:
Don't throw away the Schick Ultra Platinum magazine when it is empty.
That's what you need to use Schick B20 blades.
I sometimes even transfer Personna blades to an empty metal magazine if the Personna magazine is exceptionally wonky.
Personna blades are not bad at all, the plastic magazine spoils the fun.
My favourite non-vintage injector blades are the Chinese Schicks (best bought from Amazon US - quite simple).
Then there are Japanese Schick blades, both single and twin. While good, they are far too expensive.
Vintage blades are often very good and can occasionally be found on eBay.
I will keep the metal container.
I have had a wee play with it. I take it that push down on spring and load blades individualy.
Or do you prise open the opposite key end and load them that way.
Or put key in razor and remove skin from fingers trying to jam them in manually from opposite end. :)

I will keep the metal container.
I have had a wee play with it. I take it that push down on spring and load blades individualy.
Or do you prise open the opposite key end and load them that way.
Or put key in razor and remove skin from fingers trying to jam them in manually from opposite end. :)
Push down on the spring nearest to the key, then slide the blade in slowly making sure not to damage the edge.
Make sure the edge faces the right way.
The magazine doesn't have to be empty to insert a blade.

The above is a pretty much the range, Jimmy. Chicks (Chinese Schick) are the yellow ones Toby has shown. 7 blades per dispenser. OK value in the US but we need to import them and that increases the cost considerably but it can easily be done through Amazon US. I quite like the Personna blades and they're good value from Connaught. The Schick B-20 blades are just a shorter version of the P-20/30 blade which means they're very good. The dispenser misses the injection key though so you'll need to transfer a few to a keyed dispenser as mentioned above. Easy to do. The B-20 blades aren't cheap but are available from Connaught. A bulk buy from Japan reduces the per blade cost somewhat.

If you want to sample the Personna and B-20, drop me a PM and I'll get some in the post to you.
I am sure there is a rework to the magazine where the personna key fits the proline B20 mag
@Electrif

It'll be interesting to know how the newly-promoted Supply Black Label injector blades are received. They look OK, and the price of $22 for two dozen blades is pretty good for those in North America. Rather more expensive to ship to the UK, but perhaps the UK Supply Suppliers might stock them in future.

Back
Top Bottom