Injector razor

No it's a cartridge system from the late sixties and early seventies. Basically a wound up 'tape' of blade which you wind on when it starts to dull. It has five adjustment settings for tough and light beards. It wasn't very successful because the cartridges tended to get clogged easily and it didn't give a particularly close shave. I have one and have used it maybe three times over the course of a year.
They can be found on ebay pretty cheaply (often less than £10 boxed) although you'd probably want to buy a new cartridge for it. I got a NOS cartridge from the 1970s from Spain for about £8 or £9 delivered, so not especially cheap but not going to break the bank either.

If I recall correctly, Schick brought out their own one which accepted Schick's variant of the Techmatic cartridges PLUS the Gillette cartridges, but the Gillette one could only take Gillette ones.

Thanks for your reply, though after doing a little more research I found they were propriety blades and were widely regarded as a waste of space.
Looking to make my mind up on which injector having never used one before.

Leslie145 said:
Manoflamancha said:
Fellonblackdays said:
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of getting an injector, I've decided I need another razor. What does everyone recommend for a first injector? Presumably the best place to pick one up is ebay too?

I have a spare one. It's "shave standard" with some brassing on the head but gives a good shave. I've got too many razors so, if you want it, drop me a pm with your details and I'll bang it in the post next week.

Now I hate to stick my oar in or seem opportunist, but if Fellonblackdays isn't interested.....

BTW

+++shows ignorance+++ What's "shave standard"? :blush: Is this the make/model (told you I was being dim...)? What blades does it take??

No interest shown todate by Fellon. I believe the spare I have is a Schick L type.
It is not in pristine or NOS condition but everything works as it should and takes regular Schick injector blades or the Personna ones sold by Paul at Connaughtshaving. It would be a cheap (free) intro into injectors. If you want it, PM me your details. Before posting, I will give it the Barbicide treatment.

Well, I couldn't wait & tried as soon as I got in from work. A member of B&B said they almost feel as if you're cheating... He was right.

Even milder than the Feather Popular, you can be as quick as you like; So mild in fact, I had to use almost as much pressure as with an M3 & got a great result 1st time round. Very impressed thus far & can see the Injector becoming a regular part of the rotation...

I have a nice condition Schick L arriving next week from Steve and am looking forward to trying it.
I have been humming and hawing about one for a couple of months and this thread combined with Martins made my mind up. I thought after my last razor cull I was over my RAD, it appears not!

daz said:
I have a nice condition Schick L arriving next week from Steve and am looking forward to trying it.
I have been humming and hawing about one for a couple of months and this thread combined with Martins made my mind up. I thought after my last razor cull I was over my RAD, it appears not!

It's just beginning again now that you've bought your first injector. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

NNathwani said:
It's just beginning again now that you've bought your first injector. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I have bought, tried and sold so many razors over the last year and got my stash down to a favourite of each type, then this starts. Ahh well I might as well go with the flow, no point in trying to fight it:icon_razz:

daz said:

It's definitely a change of pace; my 'L's been used a couple of times now & although it's a doddle to use & (famous last words coming up) almost impossible to cut yourself with, I think it's the angle which will take some getting used to.

WTG is pretty easy, but ATG involves a bit of wrist twisting & I don't think I've found the perfect technique yet, but then I've only used it twice.

So far, very happy & suspect I'll be happier still once I get the angle right.

Once again, Manoflamancha, many thanks, really appreciated

i tried out the adjustable injector razor for a few weeks...the shave was nice but i ended up putting it up on ebay....still waiting for bids on it.

only thing i didnt like was the handle.....plastic handle doesnt seem nice enough.

will probably buy the HUNTLEE razor when it comes out.

Schick 'L' used again this morning - again, great shave but still not 100% sure about it & to be honest, I couldn't say why.

Will persevere for a while as I think it's a design classic in close on mint condition & you get a guaranteed good shave, but I think it's a possible future PIF, after all, Manoflamancha was good enough to give it to me & it would be churlish to hang on to it if it ends up gathering dust.

We'll see...

daz said:
NNathwani said:

I have bought, tried and sold so many razors over the last year and got my stash down to a favourite of each type, then this starts. Ahh well I might as well go with the flow, no point in trying to fight it:icon_razz:

Daz, you have the same breaking strain as a two bar kit-kat!

Leslie145 said:
Schick 'L' used again this morning - again, great shave but still not 100% sure about it & to be honest, I couldn't say why.

Will persevere for a while as I think it's a design classic in close on mint condition & you get a guaranteed good shave, but I think it's a possible future PIF, after all, Manoflamancha was good enough to give it to me & it would be churlish to hang on to it if it ends up gathering dust.

We'll see...

Well, the 'L' has gone to a new home - gave it a good try & got some good shaves, but I genuinely just prefer a DE.

Manoflamancha, thanks again for the opportunity - really appreciated; just to let you know, I've not made a profit by passing this on, just swapped for another DE with a member who wanted to try a SE

Back
Top Bottom