Ingram

In my experience Ingram is one of those creams that are much better face or palm lathered rather than bowl. I prefer to face lather anyway, so perhaps one of the reasons I'm so fond of this cream. Consistent good lather for me.

I was given a tube by the fine men of the Argyll and Sutherland highlanders back in my service days. I love it! I cant find it in the USA, a few internet sights have it but seem to usually be out of it! Good show UK!

I used this as my first lathering product when I started DE shaving 6 months ago, I have since tried different creams and hard soaps, this is now untouched in my cabinet, it was ok as a starter but have since found nearly everything else betters it. It's ok, and good price, but just not for me.

Sacrilege Jason, sacrilege! No, seriously, different strokes for different folks and all that. It's all good, as they're fond of saying in the Olympic Deliverance Team. I think I have some form of genetic attraction to the more blue collar products, part of the appeal of Ingram.

It is a good cream all around, performance and for the money you spend on it. I am sorry to say that here in the states it has faded away as new products have overtaken the mainstream. New board members are caught up with only a few product names these days and look at brands like this to be "old". There was a time when I could not keep it in stock.

Dave.B said:
Just got back from my local superdrug and found this in there was only £1.75 for the 100ml tube so thought at that price i'd give it a go...

It's worth a punt for that kind of money. If you don't like it, you can PIF it or chuck it.

Ian

I bought a tube of this on the strength of the thread.

Not really as much menthol as I was hoping, but a fair lather and did the job.
Just shows what can be done for the price.

It could always be used as part of a travel set.

I can get what seems to be a rich lather with this, but it seems to degrade quickly. Perhaps i'm not making it correctly. I like the tingle it gives though.

Hi guys, if you're finding the lather breaks down quickly I'd respectfully suggest you're not getting it right to start with. It's not a problem I've had with it and our water is on the hard side. As I mentioned back earlier in the thread I find it much better suited to face or palm lathering than bowl, just in case that's relevant to your issues. Also don't overdo the amount of water in your brush to start with. Oh, and just in case this is relevant to you don't be parsimonious with the cream. You do need to use a bit more of it than you might with some of the more expensive creams. Hope that helps, if not I tried. Also hope it doesn't come across as trying to teach granny to suck eggs! I just don't like seeing folks missing out on enjoying a really good cream on account of not quite getting their technique with it right. For me Ingram is a is a top notch blue collar British cream.

Back
Top Bottom