Ingram

I like ingrams. I bought a tube of it on holiday last year. Was really blown away by how good a cream it is. The tingle is superb and every shave I ever had with it was irritation free. If it wasnt for the fact that I enjoy the posh smells of the T&H stuff, i'd just use ingrams every day.

Dipesh said:
I quite like Ingram. Refreshing and menthol but Proraso is different and the scent makes the experience different.
Exactly, Proraso is different I ment that cooling feeling you get in proraso. I think they are both great and that menthol and eucalyptus ingredient is my favorite!

My Dad has shaved with Ingram for as long as I can remember, so I grew up with the smell and have grown to like it. I used to shave with it right up until the point I met my wife, she can't stand the smell so I had to find other alternatives.

This primarily meant growing a beard as at the time these wonderful forums didn't exist so I couldn't find anything else that was any good.

My wife seems to like fresh citrussy smells which, through this forum I have found a few we both like.

Works well, it's cheap, and readily available. The scent isn't exactly top notch, but some days I find that it really doesn't matter.

Proraso is another excellent cream, and the scent (which also has eucalyptus) is somewhat better than Ingrams.

Ian

Love the smell and the cooling sensation. Love the price and the fact I can get it in the high street. Only one small complaint - seems a little watery to me and lacks a firm lather. Not enough to stop me using it though.

NotTheStig said:
Love the smell and the cooling sensation. Love the price and the fact I can get it in the high street. Only one small complaint - seems a little watery to me and lacks a firm lather. Not enough to stop me using it though.

I think the "little watery" you mention is just a separation issue, perhaps depending on storage temp or batch or frequency of use. You probably do this anyways, but its easy to mix it up again to get rid of the problem by leaving the cap on and giving the tube a good grope. I get a good slick lather with it, though not as firm as with for e.g. TOBS (which I prefer to mix slick rather than firm per se also). Shaves great.

Tried this for the first time today great stuff nice menthol hit,easy lathering nice and slick. I did think it had a bit of a medicated smell though but for less than £2.00 great stuff.

I keep a tube in the cabinet for those mornings when I'm dragging my heels a bit. I like it but it can be a bit watery, sometimes you need to start with a virtually dry brush.

I agree with a lot of what's been said here, since Ingram production has been taken over by Lornamead it has been somewhat inconsistent. A pity really because when it was manufactured by Bristol Myers some years back it was the King IMO. Lathered well with a really rich body.

Back
Top Bottom