Ingram

I've got hard water here too and have no issues what so ever too. I find it no fuss and very easy to get a rich, slick lather. In this weather it's been fantastic. I've never bowl lathered it, I always face lather so maybe the problem lies there?

Hi Dipesh. I agree, I don't find it at all finicky either and it's an excellent performer. I just wanted to cover all the bases where they may be going wrong. There's a knack to it, that's all, like there is with most things in this old school shaving lark.

Thanks for the advice, shavecraft - I must admit I wasn't much of a fan of the aroma of it anyway so I probably wouldn't bother with it even though you may well have found the solution to the lather breakdown problem.

I used the last of mine today after a long absence. Took a while to get lather going but then no issues. All I can suggest is use a quality brush, add a dip of water and lather slowly on the face

chrisbell said:
Thanks for the advice, shavecraft - I must admit I wasn't much of a fan of the aroma of it anyway so I probably wouldn't bother with it even though you may well have found the solution to the lather breakdown problem.

Hi Chris. Aye the scent is maybe a bit of an acquired taste compared to creams with fancy fragrances. Personally I rather like it. But then I'm not all that big on posh pongs in my shaving creams...it's all about performance on the face for me, scent being a secondary issue to that. I know others are more into giving their schnozz a treat when they shave.

shavecraft said:
chrisbell said:

Hi Chris. Aye the scent is maybe a bit of an acquired taste compared to creams with fancy fragrances. Personally I rather like it. But then I'm not all that big on posh pongs in my shaving creams...it's all about performance on the face for me, scent being a secondary issue to that. I know others are more into giving their schnozz a treat when they shave.

I'm not really into expensively-smelling stuff either - I like both forms of Palmolive (stick and cream) for example; while most put-up with the aroma for the performance, I actually enjoy them (the cream especially).

Sounds like we're on a similar wavelength on that score then, i'm inferring that the mentholly slightly medicinal smell is just not to your liking then. I can see why some might find that. i remember i wasn't too sure about it when i first tried it, then it kinda grew on me as I used it more.

shavecraft said:
Sounds like we're on a similar wavelength on that score then, i'm inferring that the mentholly slightly medicinal smell is just not to your liking then. I can see why some might find that. i remember i wasn't too sure about it when i first tried it, then it kinda grew on me as I used it more.

Strangely, I like the aroma of my Proraso pre/post cream - I think it's a more balanced, subtle menthol.

do you find it improves the shave? I've only used oils for pre-shave so far. Sometimes when I use them i think they make no difference to the shave, other times they seem to. Can't make my mind up on them. I've rarely used them for a while, though i did yesterday coincidentally and it was one of those shaves where i thought it improved matters

It seems to soften my beard without the need to spend 2-3 minutes with a hot flannel draped across my face. I wash my face with glycerine softening soap, do a quick 30 second hot flannel, then on with the pre/post, rub it in and I get on with loading the brush/making lather.

absolutely love the ingrams - wasn't a big fan on first use but it has grown on me. great menthol tingle and the smell is a grower too. i just need a nice minty aftershave to compliment it.

Back
Top Bottom