In joining my 2 and 3 band, band of brothers

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen: I've taken the advice of Fido and Sharon to introduce myself and be counted. I joined end of July, posted only once after getting excellent advice on Nanny's lavender soap, but never formally introduced into the group. Preferring to be a stealthy fellow and to do my research first and see how TSR forum works. I won't say I have been wet shaving since Christ was a corporal (look where he's at now) but my first wet shave with my Old Man was August 19th, 1964; my birthday. He gave me his worn out bore brush as he picked up a new one at the Rexall Drug store, very cheap, and my lesson began ---with Williams soap and I must admit, a steptic pencil. I'm a retired Navy Mustang LCDR 8 years now, 30 years active. Coming back from tours of duty in Viet Nam, we would stop in Hong Kong and get a shave at The China Fleet Club. I picked up my old Gillette 3 piece Tech ball-end from a visit to the attic; this was back in April 2010. Since then all hell has broken loose because I now have "skin in the game". Since jumping in with both feet, I have purchased one hell of a brush, superior badger, from a character who collects bells and calls himself Fido, I have purchased soaps and exchanged email with the lovely lady Sharon at Nanny's Silly Soap AND purchased the 404 "half breed" from her which is a killer in those stainless steel tins and received outstanding advice from Bruce at Bruce on shaving blog. They all led me here and I am happy to say I have enjoyed learning from you all. Hard to find anything but the 5 blades now; over here that is. Shea Moisture Shave pure badger brushes at a Target Store go for $9 bucks though; real nice if you've never tried one, let me know. What else before I close the hatch on this post, oh yes, I purchased a Moss Scuttle from Sara Bonneyman of Nova Scotia Pottery fame ... it works gentlemen and I can lather Sharon's Heby One soap in the bowl to a warm temp. I wait for notification from Lee's Razor on the Mergress, I want to purchase the Goodfella in black chrome and ... well you have all been there before me and you you know the feeling. A few sample creams from TOB, AS, balms, on and on Wow ... SWMBO (I refer to her as my behavior modifier but we Americans would never refer to our wives as a BM --- I'd have to explain it to you) is checking the cut of my jib and approves; encourages even. I will try out my Franks Shaving Silvertip Butterscotch brush this Thursday morning on my 60th birthday and will attempt to post a picture of it and get in the regular swing of things here at TSR. Some of you gentlemen post excellent pictures on Shave of the Day, I'm impressed and encouraged.

I depart with this thought: 20 years ago I was 40, 20 years from now I'll be 80. Let's get on with it then and invest in badger and good boar, get that razor you always wanted, trade, exchange, purchase, talk; time is running out. Goodnight. R/Robert

Back
Top Bottom