If you were to own just one........

Ids

I was looking at the golden nib and penworks websites. I originally filled out an online form to ask the golden nib if they could assemble a handle and knot for me to save me making a hash of it. Before I sent it I googled Penworks which I think is owned by the golden nib too. Have a look they do a huge range of various handle materials and shapes with different knots. If you definitely know what dimensions you want it would be a good way to save some money over a high priced brand brush and secondly it would be a bit more unique too.

As an example:

24ST_A_horn.jpg

ST2-24HR SIlvertip Badger
ST2-24HR- Acrylic horn handle with a very nice Grade A - 24mm Silvertip with soft white tips. Handle 54mm loft 52mm

$80.00 $64.00
Save: 20% off

I'm sure they would fit different knots into a handle if you preferred best or 2 band etc.

Food for thought....... :hungrig

That certainly is food for thought......

Fido showed me on his blog his 'best' with a wooden handle, I'm wondering if his finest will make it into one or even who his wood craftsman is.....

Re: If you where to own just one........

joe mcclaine said:
I have a Duke 2 (Best) and Tulip 2 (two-band Super) which were both impulse buys.

I've had better results with much cheaper brushes.

The only reason I'm hanging on to those Simpsons now is because I won't get anything near half of what I paid for 'em.

People thinking "The best is out there somewhere" is causing people on these forums to become a bit obsessive . . . which can not be a good thing.

Horses for courses.

I agree to a cetain extent....I do not think there is one best out their, for me anyway. The are lots a great brushes & some are excellent. I have a $12.00 boar in my rotation along side a $200+ custom 2 band.

Horses for courses as you say.

Unless Fido has plans to release a different handle in his line I'm heading for:

Duke 2 best coming in around £70
Rooney 1/1 coming in at £47

Erm wonder which might win!

Ids said:
Unless Fido has plans to release a different handle in his line I'm heading for:

Duke 2 best coming in around £70
Rooney 1/1 coming in at £47

Erm wonder which might win!

The Duke 2 will come in second, closely followed by the Rooney...

Diamond Edge quote £69 for the Duke 3 Best - and they give 10% discount to TSR members - not sure about postage.

My wooden handled 2 bands and Finest Silvertips with this shape won't be available for several weeks. They will be made here in Hampshire by experienced craftsmen.

NF2202-2.jpg

I think I'll wait, if you wouldn't mind putting me in a waiting list Peter? Will it be all badged up with the new forest logo?

Fido said:
Diamond Edge quote £69 for the Duke 3 Best - and they give 10% discount to TSR members - not sure about postage.

My wooden handled 2 bands and Finest Silvertips with this shape won't be available for several weeks. They will be made here in Hampshire by experienced craftsmen.

NF2202-2.jpg

That is a sweet looking animal, i will defo be buying as soon as available..............peter.......me old mate...............me old china...........bestest buddy in the whole world........!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: ;) :D

Ids said:
joe mcclaine said:
Now THAT is a very nice brush.

That's exactly what I thought and I like the English wood crafted in England aspect.

Crafted in England, but not English wood.

The wood is Tambootie which is an African hardwoodIIRC and I should know as I have one of the prototypes that Peter had for sale recently and a damn fine brush it is too :)

Back
Top Bottom