Howdy Gentlemen

I wonder if it was my local man-of-the-cloth's day off when I went to help him diagnose the problem with his broadband? (he used most unecclesiastical terms on the phone to the technical support line). It was 5 years ago though, so I doubt he'll remember - and he's retired now, but still finds time to run a service now and again I hear.

terria said:
hunnymonster said:
Shouldn't it be "Howya" rather than "Howdy" - I know you're in the west, but Galway's hardly the Wild West, like Louisburgh or Westport ;)

I don't remember a heavily drunken night out in Leenane either, nor one in Tuam where a Garda gave me a lift back to my B&B, on the back of his motorbike at about 2am after a session in the New Man of Aran - no helmet, but he said because I was behind him he couldn't see me to book me for riding a motorcycle without a helmet :D

How ye lads, whats the craic ? Don't think most would have understood ... Louisburgh is pretty out there alright but Westport is now a stagg/hen haven so not as wild wesht as it use to be.

I was stopped by an Irish student doing a marketing survey in Westport (SWMBO is from there) one of his questions was about "Looieburgh" (none of the locals had corrected him LouisBurgh is pronounced Lewisberg) , I'm currently taking these surveys and answering with blatant lies ,great fun . I've actually had cold callers hang up on me .

Back
Top Bottom