How many brushes do you own and use?!

TSR is ace. Since I posted:
cheese_dave said:
Everyone's got a NF2201 except me :cry:
I've had a number of generous offers and PMs around getting one. I believe there is even one on hold for me from the main man himself, Fido. Thanks guys, it's brilliant.

npinn001 first approached me and offered to sell me his, and the transaction has been done. Just awaiting the brush in the post. Am all excited. :D

Dave.

I´ve got, hmm ... I use six brushes - NF 2201, a Henk 22 silvertip in oak, Ikon chubby X 2, a Neo/Chris custom twobanded finest 24 mm and a Semouge 2000. I also have five others, two crap/cheapo ones and a Frank something (an ok badger brush), an EJ travel badger brush (never used it - when I travel I put my brushes in toilet paper tubes) and a badger/bore mix brush (404?, never used it either). So in total 11 brushes... I need to sell/trade some of them, I´m a razor guy :D I _will_ however buy Peters silvertip when he puts them out for sale. For sure.

Edited: I´ve also got two Everready handles (bristels still in though, but crapy), if someone would restore I could pay with one of the handles ;), I love the shape of those old barber handles.

simmo3801 said:
Mikael

The 404 boadger is a great brush! yOU SHOULD GIVE IT A GO

Regards

Nigel

Yeah, you´re prob. right Nigel... Maybe tomorrow then (if I remember to take it out tonight) :D

Two.

Men-U synthetic

New Forest. the "stealth" version, without the logo. Which has been the default option since the day it arrived. Well, the day after it arrived, because our postman's a lazy bastard and doesn't deliver until lunch time. By which time I'd already had a shave. To get my own back I'm going to fix used blades around the inside of my letterbox. :mrgreen:

About 40, use most of them 2-3 times a year but 12 more often than the others.

My favourite brushes would have to be:

Vulfix 514
Vulfx 513
Vulfix 375
Omega 48
Omega 36
Omega 42

i have about 12, the ones i use most are

Beejay Custom Badger
Merkur Vision
Kent BLK2
Semogue 1305
Frank Shave ( go on, say something, i'm ready for ya ! :lol: :lol: i just happen to like it !!)
AOS Badger

quattrojames said:
I have two.

- Wilkinson Sword Boar
- New Forest Superior Badger 2201

Since the Fido came the WS hasn't seen the light of day :oops: although I'm sure that will change before too long. The Fido is all the brush I'll ever need, and a revelation after the WS. So I don't need anymore. I have no interest in a new quality boar brush. Even if they are cheap. All this talk of Omega's and Semogues is of no interest to me, none. :roll:

I give it two months max. Maybe less. ;)

Well I posted that on 13 Aug, and two months and one day later I'm up to four :roll:

NF2211 earlier this week, joined by an S.O.C today :D

I really don't need anymore now. Not even a 1305. :shock:

I've got a little obsessed:

Semogue 1520
Semogue 830
Semogue 1438
Vulfix 404
Vie Long 13071
NF 2212

Going to get a SOC then start to thin them out, just like I'm going to be doing with my soaps and creams next week. And maybe a Duke :roll:

Boars
Semogue 830
Men-U
Omega 10065 (unused)

Badgers
NF2201
NF2211
Duke 2 Best

I use them all, although over the past month or so it's mainly been the badger brushes getting the most use. Got my eye on the custom Semogue boar brush that's being discussed on the other site, sounds like it's going to be have the same not as the 830 but with a shorter loft. Just hope the crowd over there don't get their way and manage to have it branded with their logo. Other than that a small brush to fit in one of the travel tubes, a Wee Scot or similar, and then I think I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom