How many brushes do you own and use?!

This isnt a meant as quest to see who has the most, but more of a question of interest. Im curious to know as i think some people tend to lean towards 'accumulating' razors, or some buy lots of soaps and creams, and some collect brushes.

What im interested in is firstly, on average how many brushes members have, and secondly how many of those get regular use.

Kent BK4 - everyday brush
E&J Chrome thingy - occassional brush (too heavy to sit in scuttle)
Omega 10049 - occassional brush w/soaps
Wilkinson Sword - travel/gym bag brush (sheds like a buggar but does the job)

Currently two - a 2201 and a SR3122. I alternate. I guess the 2201 has the edge with soaps, but the SR does everything well.

They are both excellent.

These will be my only brushes for a while unless I can persuade Simpsons to make me a custom Chubby 1 with a slighly bigger Somerset style handle, two band, with more of a fan-shaped loft. :mrgreen:

John

I own 3 and use them all.

• Vulfix 2235 super badger - works well with creams and soaps but at least one member here feels its too soft
    Wilkinson sword boar - great with soaps
    Vulfix 404 boar (not the mix version) would well with some soaps seems less versatile than the WS
    [/list:u]

8 or 9... can't remember which

Kent BK2
Kent BK4
EJ BBB
Rooney 2/1 super in black
Vulfix 404 mix
reknotted Omega 10049 (TGN silvertip)
reknotted Culmak "Saloon" (it's butterscotch - oooooooooooooooh! apparently)
reknotted Vulfix 2-tone brush that used to be my dad's
New Forest 2201 (not a red cross special ultra-limited edition though:( )
Simpson Wee Scot

So 9 apparently :D

All get some action apart from the Rooney - it feels "wrong" on my face for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on.

Kent H8
Men-U Boar
Other boar
Wilkinson Sword Boar

The Kent H8 does the bulk of the work, the Wilkinson Sword and one of the boars spend most of their time out on loan.

Not in any great rush but I do intend on getting a decent brush collection together

I'd say 14 so far:

Omega 31064
Semogue Owners Club
Semogue 1438 (on its way from Shaving.ie)
Semogue 1250 (on its way from VintageScent)
Art of Shaving silvertip
Art of Shaving (travel)
Dovo aluminium handle (travel)
Dovo silvertip
Dovo pure ebony handle, long loft (brand new, unused)
Muehle fine badger (faux horn handle)
Acqua Di Parma silvertip (brand new, unused)
Wilkinson boar
Italian made pure bristle (can't remember the brand but it's an excellent brush)
Sephora pure badger

Most enjoyable ones are the Omega and the SOC.
Poor performers (esp. considering value for $$$) are the Sephora and the Muehle (both badger hair brushes).

Wishlist: Simpsons Chubby 2 in super, Thater "Chubby" III, Plisson Rosewood #14.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

And rather too many undeclared! And I do use a lot of them. Very much a mood thing.

Since I consider myself a minimalist shaver, I only own two brushes.
TGN 20mm Finest/ EverReady handle
NF 2201 22mm Finest

I have used many different brushes over the past few years from Rooney Silver Tip to Omega boar. Each one had its own personality and would perform the task of creating lather. I guess Finest badger gives me what I like in a brush, soft tips and backbone without being super dense. This is not to say I will pass up the next New Forest. :hungrig

Good to hear, i started to panic given i have gone from 2 up to 10 over a period of time, and im meant to be cutting down the stash ready for moving.

But 10 seems about right......

A Neo Custom Finest 2 Band with burl handle
NF 2201
EJ Med Silvertip
Mühle Pure (my 1st badger brush)
Vulfix 404 mixed
WS Boar (my 1st brush which doesn't get used now).

They all tend to get used except the WS Boar - and the 404 doesn't get out much these days.
Mainly it is the Neo, NF and EJ Silvertip that are used though.

Four in regular use:

Kent BK4
New Forest 2201
Semogue 2009 LE
Best Badger by Neo

Those all get about the same amount of use, and I wouldn't want to choose between them particularly. There's also three more: a Culmak Spartan (lost cause), a little boar travel brush with butterscotch handle (ooh!) and an Omega Pro 49. All of them are away at the moment: the Omega with a friend who's in training, and the two little ones with Neo. The butterscotch will come back as a badger, I hope, and the Culmak as an ornament, I'm afraid.

Boar
Semanoge 1305 , 620, owners club

Badger
Simpsons duke 2
Rooney stubby 2
kent bk 8
new forrest 2201
TOBS travel brush

So that would be 8 and all see at least a outing each month apart from the travel brush.

Back
Top Bottom