How long does Monsavon last?

I use Monsavon at the moment and really, really love the stuff (especially the smell :)).

I can get it from France at £2.39 + £4.99 postage... however, given the rather expensive postage, I would order a few pots. How long does the stuff last? I assume being a soft soap it might dry and go hard over time?

hunnymonster said:
If it does dry out, all that means is it takes a wee bit more water to lather it... however since the pot is to all intents sealed, there's not much scope for egress of moisture.

Think years not months.

Heh, 4 pots it is :)

I've seen some other folk trying to find it in the UK, so if it helps, this is where i'm shopping

Monsavon Lait Bol à Raser 125gr - https://www.frenchclick.co.uk/p-4448-monsavon-lait-bol-raser-125gr.aspx

Thanks. Sounds good. Spice as opposed to peppery. Not sure I can justify the delivery charge, but whoever buys me it as a Xmas present can! I'll stick it on my list and start dropping hints to friends and family

Hey NotTheStig, let me see if I have a baggy and envelope and I can send you a free sample if you like? Good for one shave :)

It costs more to post the stuff than it does to buy it in France I think I paid less than 1.2 Euros a tub ~18months ago. I gave a few tubs away (one at work and one on this forum) and then opened one myself a few months ago. It really is surprisingly good stuff for the money.

Paul_D said:
It costs more to post the stuff than it does to buy it in France I think I paid less than 1.2 Euros a tub ~18months ago. I gave a few tubs away (one at work and one on this forum) and then opened one myself a few months ago. It really is surprisingly good stuff for the money.

Aye, but when not in France, it's the only way. Plus, it's pocket change, so no biggy :)

In my case after a kind pif from French Blade the time it took to smell it.......Contacted Max and asked if he would mind if I pifed it on to Tazz.
As they say each to his own not my flavor of smell :icon_cry2::icon_cry2:
Pete

man of leisure said:
In my case after a kind pif from French Blade the time it took to smell it.......Contacted Max and asked if he would mind if I pifed it on to Tazz.
As they say each to his own not my flavor of smell :icon_cry2::icon_cry2:
Pete

Heh, I really like it! It was French Blade that sold me my first package with Monsavon, Gillete Tech and more, so blame him for getting me hooked :p

Back
Top Bottom