How about a top 3 thread...

1. Tabac. By far my favourite. At first I was...bemused by the scent, but have come to love it. Tabac lather is, imo, a notch up from anything else I'v tried

2. Valobra stick. Excellent, thick tallow-based lather. Love the vanilla/soap scent as well. Maybe not quite as slick as Tabac

3. DR Harris. Probably Arlington scent. Rivals Tabac for slickness and ease of lather. Faaar superior to the other London soaps, and the only one still containing tallow (other than the Italian made C&S). One of the only only UK products ive really loved (sadly). Can't really separate this and Valobra by too much,

1. Martin de Candre. Pricey but well worth it.
2. Provence Santé. Fantastic soap and very good value.
3. La Toja or Tabac. I'm torn with this one. I haven't really used either that much for awhile, since discovering 1 and 2. I'll probably go with La Toja, since I prefer the scent.

Well, hardly any of us need more than one basic soap, let's say Palmolive, and we would be fine.

Most of us wants more variety though

My three are (at present):

1. Nanny's Yushu
2. MWF
3. La Toja (not the stick)

/Max

I can't narrow it down to 3. How sad am I?

Having said that, I can tell you that number ONE would be: Provence Santé.

Ian

IanM said:
I can't narrow it down to 3. How sad am I?

Having said that, I can tell you that number ONE would be: Provence Santé.

Ian

As sad as me apparently.

I think I must be channeling you Ian :shock: , as your reply has saved me typing out just about the same thing.

The only thing I would add is that I would always vote performance first, scent would only come in at the tie-breaker :|

Same here, I go through phases with soaps. Right now I seem to keep using AoS Sandlewood, MdC or Pre de Provence more often than any others with the occasional lucky dip from the soap stash.

I'm with IanM on being blessed with having had access to so many nice soaps. At the moment I'd (uncertainly) go for;
1) Mama Bear
2) Prof Blighty glycerine
3) La Toja

JohnnyO. \ :shave

Audiolab said:
Same here, I go through phases with soaps. Right now I seem to keep using AoS Sandlewood, MdC or Pre de Provence more often than any others with the occasional lucky dip from the soap stash.

antdad said:
All French in no particular order.

I've not given the Pré de Provence a proper run out yet, only a few isolated latherings so far. Must give it an extended run for a week or two to see how it is. I wonder if it could make the top three? Just noticed they do a lavender version as well.

Yellow Jim said:
Audiolab said:

antdad said:
All French in no particular order.

I've not given the Pré de Provence a proper run out yet, only a few isolated latherings so far. Must give it an extended run for a week or two to see how it is. I wonder if it could make the top three? Just noticed they do a lavender version as well.

Add Cade to that list. I know Audio liked it straight away but it took me a while to get used to lathering P de P but in the end I found the lather to be super slick and I like the scent, with MdC and Yardley I'm done with lavender for the next decade.

Valobra stick/AOS/C&S if you would allow all of these to count as one! :D
MWF, if used as stick, works way better
L'Occitane Cade

Honorable mention to Klar Kabinett, my favourite smeling soap, Comptoir de Savonniers and Provence Santé! I like so many.... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom