Hone Type 15a

I like the Hone design, but the original safety razor is very soft for me. I hope this model be more aggressive. I don´t know what colour I prefer.

I think this razor in steel would be perfect.

I like the Hone design, but the original safety razor is very soft for me. I hope this model be more aggressive. I don´t know what colour I prefer.

I think this razor in steel would be perfect.
You never know, that may be on the cards for the future, I agree it would be a great razor in stainless steel.

Provocative mode on :D
A Hone in 316 stainless steel would weigh 153 grams, almost the same as the brass version, but without the heat retention. Where is the advantage over brass, apart from stainless steel being fashionable?
Now, a Hone 15b in Bakelite would weigh just 26 grams... Much more interesting... :p

A Hone in 316 stainless steel would weigh 153 grams, almost the same as the brass version, but without the heat retention. Where is the advantage over brass, apart from stainless steel being fashionable?
Now, a Hone 15b in Bakelite would weigh just 26 grams... Much more interesting... :p
You make a very good point sir, I'm inclined to stay with heat retention .

316 Stainless Steel is Marine grade. Nothing to do with fashion.

I really like the look of the brass version and the way it will age.
I was tempted to buy one but wasn't sure if it would be too mild. I've just bought a ATT R1 which is perfect for me.

I've noticed a few in the BST section of late which have been very tempting.

Anyone know how the Hone compares to the ATT R2?

Last edited:

I was tempted to buy one but wasn't sure if it would be too mild. I've just bought a ATT R1 which is perfect for me.

Anyone know how the Home compares to the ATT R2?
The way the brass Hone holds the heat of the water is just something else, the face feel you get is fantastic however it will not stack up against the ATT R1/2 , this is why a brass 15b ( b for bite) would be great .

Anyone know how the Hone compares to the ATT R2?
If you want an ATT comparison the Hone type 15 is very close in performance to the M plate, again imo.

The way the brass Hone holds the heat of the water is just something else, the face feel you get is fantastic however it will not stack up against the ATT R1/2 , this is why a brass 15b ( b for bite) would be great .

Thanks for the feedback. Well that's a shame.
Of the short amount of time of been in the DE world. I think it's up there as one of the most beautiful.

Oh well more money to put towards a new brush....every cloud and all that.:D

Thanks for the feedback. Well that's a shame.
Of the short amount of time of been in the DE world. I think it's up there as one of the most beautiful.

Oh well more money to put towards a new brush....every cloud and all that.:D
It's a good razor, don't get me wrong. I get perfectly good shaves from it but it Is clearly not suited to everyone. It's the same with the ATT M2, quite a mild razor that gives me perfectly good shaves, again not suited to everyone.
You really have to try one before you write it off, it may work for you, it may not.

Back
Top Bottom