Hoffritz Razor.........

If anyone wants to try an open-comb slant then a WWII, German Army-issue one might be an option. You might find them on ebay (.com)

joe mcclaine said:
Yep, heavy-toothed Hoffritz is mentioned in one book and he even goes as far as to say it is better than Gillette.
Quote from "Live and Let Die" - "Hoffritz on Madison Avenue for one of their heavy, toothed Gillette type razors, so much better than Gillette's own products" - i.e. an 11c.

Urban Hermit said:
... er, or one could go here, I suppose.

• I can't remember if he has any forum discounts on to help out even more, though.
    • ... last offer from there I can remember was some "dada day" thing or whatsi-whosis.[/list:u][/list:u]

• Eerrr I did go here and a razor is in the post as we speak.......... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've just finished watching Goldfinger a few minutes ago. The razor Bond was using on the plane looked like a slim adjustable. It was a somewhat fleeting glimpse though, so I wouldn't be 100% sure

PaulH said:
I've just finished watching Goldfinger a few minutes ago. The razor Bond was using on the plane looked like a slim adjustable. It was a somewhat fleeting glimpse though, so I wouldn't be 100% sure

It's a Slim alright, JohnnyO had been lusting after one for ages because of the Bond connection !!!, he offered to trade his wife for one !!!!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
PaulH said:

It's a Slim alright, JohnnyO had been lusting after one for ages because of the Bond connection !!!, he offered to trade his wife for one !!!!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't think slims were all that hard to come by. I got one for next to nowt from our very own Rev-O. Maybe JohnnyO is still waiting because no one wants his missus? [Note: I'm joking JohhnyO, I'm sure she's a perfectly nice lady, or you wouldn't have married her in the first place]

yeah they do come up for sale quite a bit, but i think johnnyO like myself doesn't like to pay over the odds for a Razor, (ahem.....£130 feather :oops: :oops: :oops: )

i made him an offer he could not refuse, his wife was happy too....... :D

Yup indeedly doodly Steve, she's never been so happy for years (nor so often !!!) . & I promise I will send you down that half bottle of Brut I offered to throw in !

I had wanted a slim for years Paul, however the only ones I've seen have either been really silly prices or else have had photos which kinda put me off. Steve assures me that the one he let me have had been in a not so good condition when he obtained it, however after a wee bit of greek magick it truly is in magnificient condition. All I can say is that if you fancy one drop the Razormeister a pm & I'm sure that Steve will keep an eye open for you.

Oh, and yes , you can actually shave with them as well as faceturbate over their cinematic career !

JohnnyO. \ :D /

sunburyboy93 said:
yeah they do come up for sale quite a bit, but i think johnnyO like myself doesn't like to pay over the odds for a Razor, (ahem.....£130 feather :oops: :oops: :oops: )

i made him an offer he could not refuse, his wife was happy too....... :D

Errm, not sure if I just paid over the odds for this or not.......... :oops: :oops: :oops:, but too late now........ :cool: :cool:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110599717904&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT</a><!-- m -->

if that has no plate loss and is mechanically sound, then for a boxed example you done good !
these clean up real nice, if you have or can get use of an Ultrasonic cleaner, you will be amazed at how well theses clean up

Steve

If it's a sound razor & you like it then you did good M8. If you're anything like me then you don't buy kit as an investment or a commercial item. If you can afford it & it scratches that itch then it's a sound buy. & my slim looks as if it'll be providing good shaves & a lot of pleasure to someone long after I'm past using it. I still get a wee thrill of pleasure when I handle some of these venerable older razors, such as my Ever Ready or Schick injector.

Enjoy using it, you're worth it.

JohnnyO. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom