Hi, new member sick of BandB and just found this site!

Hi guys

My name is Alex and I've been wet shaving for about 3 months now and am loving it. In that time I have progressed from a beginners DE to a Gillette 1920s model and a Gillette fatboy (brand new -never used) that my Uncle gave to me :cool:

I've just started using the hot towel method after a shower as well as Black label shaving cream and its a very nice experience indeed! I joined Badger and Blade a couple of months ago ad after the initial honeymoon period just got really bored of it and some of the members do my head in on there even after one post lol. I just read the thread on here about the stewards on BandB and agree totally lol, so I think this website will cater for my needs much better.

In the next couple of weeks I've got some stuff to sell on here (including brand new Old Spice shaving mug refills) and curently have this on the bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gillette-Supe...ectables_LE&hash=item1c145be06d#ht_500wt_1154

(BTW a shameless plug lol but what harm did that ever do?

Anyway, hope I can learn some new stuff on here and improve my shavin experience. :D

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alexf,
welcome to the shaving room.
"the mods" will probably set "the deputy steward" on you , he's been looking to go to full steward for a while.

Damian

alexf said:
and balls I just realised I posted in wrong section, sorry mods :oops:

Don't worry about posting things in correct sections here mate, your not at B&B anymore, we wont make you do lines or read the "Shaving Room" rule book over and over again... :lol: :lol:

it must be quite good, we even have a man of the cloth as a member the reverend Olly (Rev-O)

watch out for the "Deputy Steward" he can be a touch abrasive, but he's a good lad really :D

It's very easy going on this forum, you will have a good laugh, and learn lots, i have !!

and before i forget, WELCOME to the shaving room

cheers
Steve

lol thanks guys,

yea Im hoping to perfect my passes as although I tend to feel good after a shave there is always a bit of grain left which only I can feel if you know what I mean. Oh well, its all a learning curve.

Welcome aboard

Alex,

Welcome aboard! I look forward to your posts. You are among brotherhood and won't be subjected to anything silly such as nonsensical stewardships and bandwagon for overpriced brushes.

Don't mind the commercial sites that houses 20k members that exude nothing more than faggotry and endless teabaggings.

While I'm neither friends nor enemies with the poster he does make some valid points-though seemingly biased it's quite subjective and nonetheless true:

Historical amnesia, or why LSD and scale making do not mix well

It's all about the love of razors, or Marketeering for Restoration Dummies

A case against straight shaving forums, or why obsessive-compulsive disorders are nothing to be proud of

Kill your idols or, don't believe the hype

Links didn't work other day but working now. Just re-checked.

Damian Murphy said:
Hi Alexf,
welcome to the shaving room.
"the mods" will probably set "the deputy steward" on you , he's been looking to go to full steward for a while.

Damian

Damn straight...before you get banned and then have to resubscribe Alex use the bl**dy welcome forum for welcomes.

Oh....and Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom