Hi from the Wirral

Welcome Ian.

You will find a wealth of advice (and banter here) as well as plenty of recommendations as to best spend your hard earned :lol:

Enjoy mate.

JohnnyO said:
I'll have a pint of whatever Spandex is on ! Erm, maybe best make that a half ................ seems strong stuff !
JohnnyO.

..Your not the first member to say something like that about me JohnnyO, and you certainly won't be the last! Its basically called "Joy de vivre". Look it up, and when you've found out what it means, try it out, but I warn you, it may involve you finding, and using your sense of humour!!! :lol:

spandex..

Arrowhead said:
Hello and welcome Ian. Plenty of good advice above and elsewhere on the forum; my tuppence worth is to suggest that you try a variety of blades in the form of a sampler pack from Connaught Shaving.
Well I had a shave tonight, and went back to the free israeli blades from the shaving shack, and got a much better shave, less cuts and closer, the feathers are not for me.
I should have got a sampler pack at first but everyone said feathers were great so i bought them instead DOH!
got about 25 spare feathers now :lol:

Also ordered some mama bears soap from the usa, the uk site was all sold out and the dutch didnt have the ones i fancied, plus if importing from holland may as well import from usa, cheaper too.

Will see what they are like and post.

Ian said:
Arrowhead said:
Hello and welcome Ian. Plenty of good advice above and elsewhere on the forum; my tuppence worth is to suggest that you try a variety of blades in the form of a sampler pack from Connaught Shaving.
Well I had a shave tonight, and went back to the free israeli blades from the shaving shack, and got a much better shave, less cuts and closer, the feathers are not for me.
I should have got a sampler pack at first but everyone said feathers were great so i bought them instead DOH!
got about 25 spare feathers now :lol:

Also ordered some mama bears soap from the usa, the uk site was all sold out and the dutch didnt have the ones i fancied, plus if importing from holland may as well import from usa, cheaper too.

Will see what they are like and post.

..Glad you're getting better results now Ian ! Try to hang on to most, if not all of your feather blades, because you never know - a different razor or Brush/soap combo could soon have you posting feathers as the "Dog's danglies"! That kind of occurence happens frequently, especially as technique improves with different equipment. The feather really is a very superior blade, and a bit of perseverance further on down the line will almost certainly pay dividends. Having said that of course, they don't appear to be everyone's cup of tea, "horses for courses"as they say ! :D

spandex..

Back
Top Bottom