Hi from Leicestershire

Welcome Rich, from another noobwie here! I hope you´ll enjoy this madness :shave . Seriously you´ll never turn back. You´ll get the best shaves of your life and boring Philishaves and ecxpensive mach 3:s are history soon enough.

You might want to order some lovely lovely Proraso aftershave balm (also from Connaught****888 eight eight), it truly is unparalleled.
Cheese_dave could you send me a link please?

Just had my first go..

soaked the brush
had a shower first, then found I had to demist the mirror - is there a way to stop them steaming up?????
glasses steamed up :-(
thought I had a blade in but didn't . doh... used the derby blades thatcame with the shaver.
put a little bit of shaving cream in the bottom of a ramakin and worked this. Is this the bast weay to do it or should i do the lather in the cream tub?
put lather on to face with the brush and worked in a little bit.
Then took the big step and started to work slowly.
Took about 10mins to get done. Arm was aching a little bit. no nicks - unbelievably...
Feels a lot better than a cartridge shave.
Considering there was about 3 weeks growth it came off quite easily.
will try again in 3 or 4 days and see how that goes.

rykard said:
then found I had to demist the mirror - is there a way to stop them steaming up?????
PigCat reckons wiping the mirror with his pants works. Personally I run a loaded brush over the mirror, then wipe the foam away with a face cloth (SWMBO's), keeps it unsteamed up for a few days after then.

Connaught is at: http://connaughtshaving.com/

Paul was doing discounts for TSR members, not sure he still is. Check out the Vendor's section of TSR to see what offers are on.

rykard said:
You might want to order some lovely lovely Proraso aftershave balm (also from Connaught****888 eight eight), it truly is unparalleled.

Just had my first go..

soaked the brush
had a shower first, then found I had to demist the mirror - is there a way to stop them steaming up?????
thought I had a blade in but didn't . doh... used the derby blades thatcame with the shaver.
put a little bit of shaving cream in the bottom of a ramakin and worked this. Is this the bast weay to do it or should i do the lather in the cream tub?
Took about 10mins to get done. Arm was aching a little bit. no nicks - unbelievably...

There are various ways to create lather from your cream. Swirl the brush over the cream in the pot and then build the lather on your face, in a bowl or on your hand. Or you can scoop out a small amount of lather with a spoon or spatula and smear it over the bottom of a bowl to build lather. Something a little larger than a ramekin dish would be easier. You will no doubt try several methods before deciding a preference.

Hi Rykard!

A very warm welcome to you. Just surf about a bit amongst the postings, and you will find loads of advice and recommendations for us newbys. it's good fun too, you should enjoy it.

spandex.. :)

rykard said:

Just had my first go..

soaked the brush
..To demist glass: spit on it,wipe it off-no probs! Try it,it works!!

spandex..

cheese_dave said:
rykard said:
then found I had to demist the mirror - is there a way to stop them steaming up?????
PigCat reckons wiping the mirror with his pants works. Personally I run a loaded brush over the mirror, then wipe the foam away with a face cloth (SWMBO's), keeps it unsteamed up for a few days after then.

Cor, you've got a good memory Dave, though I suppose an admission like that would stick in your mind. You see I have a shaving mirror that comes out from the wall. Before I get in the shower I drape my pants or t-shirt over it to stop it steaming up. It's that simple. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about!

Well done Rykard by the way. You're doing just great! :D

Hello Rich, trust me you'll be spoiled for choice. I'm heading towards 70 and have been wet shaving since I was about 14 & I still get pleasant surprised with what is out there. The razor I wish had been available for me when I started shaving is probably the Parker. It's got "Butterfly" opening top gates so you don't have to get over familiar with a wet or soapy blade when changing, the handle has got really deep and useful serrations to avoid it slipping whilst your hands may be wet and there's even a neat wee serrated ring mounted at the top of the handle to assist in tightening and loosening when blade changing. It's not a fierce or aggressive cutting angle and shouldn't set you back more than £20 - £25. Connaught Shaving do a sampler pack of several assorted Blade makes and cream or soap is a really personal choice. Best advice I could offer is don't take it too seriously & go with what appeals to you. After all, the difference between a great shave and an indifferent one is only about 24 hours.
Happy Daze,
JohhnyO.

Back
Top Bottom