hi and help please

hi im john and i am new to d/e shavers after buying the normal razors and getting ripped off!!...i am looking at buying a d/e razor and cannot find anyware in the doncaster area (yorkshire)where i could purchase one :| could anybody help please,also which type would be suitable ive have sensitive skin,somebody told me that i would be looking for amerkur adjutable with derby blades?if so where around yorkshire would i beable to get one thanks john....

Have a look here fella...

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

I'd maybe be cautious about the Derby blades M8, Most of the packs I've had have been very uncertain in quality control. & very welcome to TSR, you'll get a lot of suggestions from us all (just not too many I hope !).

JohnnyO. \ ;)

As I think Frenchblade has said, very few shops sell DE razors these days but there's a thriving online market. If you don't mind buying online (and delivery is usually within about 2 days) then there's the likes of Connaught Shaving, Traditional Shaving Co, The Shaving Shack, and Badger and Hone.
I started with a Merkur 34C HD and use that as my main daily shave. Blades are a very personal thing, I like Gillette 7 o'clock yellow, but everyone's different. Someone can probably send you a few samples to see what you get on with, if you don't get any offers then I think I have a few different ones knocking around.

Hi John and welcome.

If you are looking just to try without a great outlay you could do a lot worse than Boots. They have a Wilkinsons Sword DE razor for about £4 and their own brand for a similar price. Their shave stick also has good reviews and won't break the bank.

Hi & Welcome John :D

Merkur is good, derby maybe not, quite a few people getting mixed results with these blades, so better of trying something else!
Maybe a non adjustable to start with too, maybe easier (and cheaper)

Max

Hi John and welcome to TSR! :D Some people swear that straight shaving is the only way they can shave without getting any irritation, same goes for some DE guys.

I'm also new on the board. You got some great advice already so you should be good. I've settled on a Edwin Jagger 89L and a Silvertip Badger also from EJ. Those are my personal favourites. As far as blades, I tried some sampler packs and found the Feathers by far the best shaving blades. But you can only find out for yourself what You like best. Greets Ron

wow new to d/e shaving!!sorry

hi me again,i've gone and bought a cheap wilkinson classic to see if its for me and GREAT :D but it didnt feel heavy enough :?: if that sound rite?

Back
Top Bottom