Hi all!

Definitely a good starter setup :cool:

I've just started DE shaving, after years of using cartridge razors like you, looked into traditional shaving (like my dad used to :lol: ) and never looked back.

I bought a starter kit from the english shaving company, similar setup - Merkur 34C HD razor, selection of blades (very good choice), EJ badger brush, Taylor's of Old Bond Street sandalwood shaving soap.

Read the tutorials, look up some youtube tutorials on shaving technique and you'll never look back!

I've already watched a few of mantic59's videos before I even contemplated trying a DE - just so I would have some idea of what I was doing - my Dad only ever used an electric shaver and as such, ! didn't have a clue where to start with a DE :)

I went to the local car boot sale this morning - hoping that I may stumble across a bargain. I didn't find anything suitable for daily use - just a battered old Gillette that I bought more as a curiosity than anything else - I've posted about that over on the "Acquisitions Thread"

Thanks for the further welcomes :)

And Slick - thank you for your kind offer. I have a "few" razors on their way to me that I've bought through forum members here so I will hopefully find a suitable one (or three!) out of the selection I have coming :)

Back
Top Bottom