Hi! Addicted need help. Blood loss.....

FrenchBlade said:
Hi Tim!

Welcome to the room, enjoy the banter :D
The Fatboy is high in demand, but my honest (and personal) opinion.. way overrated :D
(sold mine after 3-4 shaves)

Avoid changing too much setup wise for now, stick with one blade, one soap, one razor.
That way you can work on your technique, before changing variable.

Max

Hi and welcome to TSR Tim! :D

Good advice, above. I know of a guy who bought _very_ many razors in a very short time frame, first DE:s and then cut throats, so you should know what you´re talking about ... Max :lol:

FrenchBlade said:
Hi Tim!

Welcome to the room, enjoy the banter :D
The Fatboy is high in demand, but my honest (and personal) opinion.. way overrated :D
(sold mine after 3-4 shaves)

Avoid changing too much setup wise for now, stick with one blade, one soap, one razor.
That way you can work on your technique, before changing variable.

Max

Hi Tim, welcome to TSR!

I agree with Max on not changing the setup. I didn't change mine for one year, except for the software (soaps and creams). And now I have my lathering skills nailed down!

I wanted to buy a 34c like yours when I started with DE shaving, but the shop was out of stock, so they offered me a Progress instead. Very nice of them it was! I wish though that I had waited out for the 34c, because then I would have learnt to keep the angle of the razor much better than I have!

This week Mikael was so kind to PIF me an open comb razor, and this morning I learnt that I have taught myself to be sloppy with my angle using the Progress. The Progress (on 4) has a large blade gap and will cut or scrape stubble even if the angle is not spot on. The open comb I was PIF'ed has a very narrow sweet spot for angle though, so now I have to un-learn my bad habits...

/Max

Back
Top Bottom