Hello - Newbie here!

llyamah said:
If I was buying separate I would definitely be going for one of Peter's New Forest brushes, but thought that the starter kit might be worth it for the soap etc...

I would (and did) buy separate to start with - get what you want rather than fit in to the "one size fits all"... - a good point to start seems to be the EJ DE89, add a Fido brush (or a Vulfix 404 mix from Diamond Edge), a blade sampler (Connaught) & a tube of Palmolive cream (supermarket) and you can try it out and make sure it's "for you" before upgrading the various parts (and acquiring 10000 soaps/creams, 200 brands of blades, spare razor handles...)

Hi and a warm welcome,
I guess you will have to find your way as we all have different ideas!
My idea is cheap vintage.
A Gillette Tech for about a tenner (Frenchblade)
One of FIDO's brushes. I wish I'd bought one to begin with.
Palmolive from Wilkos. A stick at 49 pence or the cream in tube 1.50. Both excellent.
Some yellow Unction from Prof Blighty for after shave balm. He's on the forum too.
Good sharp and well priced blades for me are the Gillette 7 o'clock yellow packs or green packs.
Use as little pressure on your face as if a little fairy was shaving you.... :shave

According to this post I reckon you could do it for £35 easy. ;)

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5931</a><!-- l -->

Greetings fellow noob, I'm bloody clueless so wouldn't presume to suggest any tips of my own, just listen to these guys an welcome :D

Back
Top Bottom