Hello from Wokingham - Berkshire

Pig Cat said:
Hi sjedwardz, welcome to TSR! If you don't mind taking a punt, the razor Fido recommended is pretty much a dead cert. I think going for a new razor to begin with is better than venturing in to the world of vintage razors. You may try others but there's a good chance you'll keep going back to the Edwin Jagger.

Whichever razor you go for be sure to take a few weeks to get used to it.

:D

I am seriously tempted with that Edwin Jagger razor, looks great, has got some very good reviews and a good price to boot.

PS Love your avatar - The Count is one of the funniest things on the radio. But I guess you get lots of people coming up to you I suspose ..

Hello and welcome.

Been DE shaving for about 6 weeks now.

Initially I bought a Feather popular from Connaught (and some Derby blades) to confirm whether I would get on with DE shaving, its cheap, light but still good. Well I did so I bought an Edwin Jagger DE 89 and its very good. I cut myself a couple of times at the start and still manage the odd nick here and there bun nothing drastic, after all they are "safety" razors.

You'll be fine, just give it a whirl :D

sjedwardz said:
PS Love your avatar - The Count is one of the funniest things on the radio. But I guess you get lots of people coming up to you I suspose ..

I suspose you're right. What a charming fellon...Cello!! FELLOW!!! Oh sod it!

;)

A warm welcome to Wonderful Wokingham (my first proper lady friend came from there ) :D
Why not get a Wilkinsons Sword Classic razor from Boots, they are a good start and cheaper than a pack of landfill.

Just bought a DE89L that fido recommended plus a sample pack from connaught and a few more bits and pieces.
Will let you know how I get on when they arrive.

Welcome! Nice purchase. I have the black DE86. Nice razors. Dropped mine a few times though. Seems to be ok. I think you can get some kind of (rubber?) grips to add to the handle. Though it will probably look ugly.

Back
Top Bottom