Hello from North Yorkshire

A quick post to say hello and thanks

I started DE saving about fortnight and a few nicks ago. The Shaving Room led me to Connaught Shaving and my Muhle razor, it introduced me to Palmolive shave sticks and great lathers, so thanks again for that.

I would like some tips and general chat about DE shaving.

All the best Kevin

Hi & welcome Kevin.

First tip, carefully wrap up any shaving items you haven't used in the past 24 hours and post them on to Sunbury .............. he always needs more stock. On the other hand, you've already got a Muhle & you've found Connaught ; seems to me that you're doing just fine mate !

JohnnyO. :D

JohnnyO said:
Hi & welcome Kevin.

First tip, carefully wrap up any shaving items you haven't used in the past 24 hours and post them on to Sunbury .............. he always needs more stock. On the other hand, you've already got a Muhle & you've found Connaught ; seems to me that you're doing just fine mate !

JohnnyO. :D

:lol: :lol: cheers JohnnyO, nice to know that your thinking of me :oops: :oops: ;)

Ignore this lot Kevin, they are a load af swines !!!, (not really, they are a great buch of guys, and gals (sorry nanny Sharon)

Welcome to the forum, you will laugh lots and learn lots....enjoy the ride :D

steve

Sunburyboy I would like to give your Bay rum recipe a go, how much rum did you use?

Arrowhead Selby 13 miles south of York. I was in Arran last month and bought some Bay Citrus cologne splash from that soap maker you reviewed, I haven't tried it yet but I will, and let you know what I think of it.

Welcome Kevin

Best Yorkshire pudding I ever had:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cravenheifer.co.uk/about.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cravenheifer.co.uk/about.cfm</a><!-- m -->

Kevin said:
Sunburyboy I would like to give your Bay rum recipe a go, how much rum did you use?

Arrowhead Selby 13 miles south of York. I was in Arran last month and bought some Bay Citrus cologne splash from that soap maker you reviewed, I haven't tried it yet but I will, and let you know what I think of it.

Kevin as much as i would like to take credit, the recipe was from member "Professor Blighty" i used 350 millilitres in the jar, it was just a cheap dark Rum from Tesco, as the jar was larger than a jam jar i used a couple more cloves and a little bit more orange peel, i also cracked a few all spice berries and threw em in :D, and a tiny bit of Bay rum Oil mixed by nanny sharon, smells great now, should be really good in a few weeks :D

If the results are good, i am gonna make some more, and get some nice bottles, do some funky retro labels and give them away at Christmas, dad, uncle etc etc....... ;)

Welcome

I find it marvellous how the arrival of electricity is finally allowing people in Yorkshire to make contact with the outside world - just don't tell 'em about wheels :eek:
accringtonstanley001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom