Hello Forum People!

Thanks all- the collection has been quite the hobby in the past few years. I still prefer a good antique hunt to a day of playing with the razors I already have :cool: . In terms of "software," the collection pieces aren't for shaving, silly! :lol: They are for looking at. In terms of my shave gear, it usually revolves around the following:

RAZOR
Slim
iKon Open Comb
Friodur Straight

CREAM/SOAP
MWF
Proraso "White"

BLADES
Feather
Wilkinson Sword
Blue Israeli's

BRUSH
Boar :ugeek:

That's it- not too crazy of a set-up. I look forward to hanging out here and getting to know the people! Thanks for the warm and inviting welcome!

Fido said:
Hi Matt

Anything against badgers?

Not particularly- however most that I've used I find to be "floppy." Only the iKon's that I've seen are VERY dense with shorter hairs, and thus were soft at the tip and firm enough to actually get "scrubby."

I do see the market skewed towards badger because of group think/popularity. I would hope that something like horse/synthetic (re: sustainable) would gain traction and become a more common product.

Razor Emporium said:
Fido said:
Hi Matt

Anything against badgers?

Not particularly- however most that I've used I find to be "floppy." Only the iKon's that I've seen are VERY dense with shorter hairs, and thus were soft at the tip and firm enough to actually get "scrubby."

I do see the market skewed towards badger because of group think/popularity. I would hope that something like horse/synthetic (re: sustainable) would gain traction and become a more common product.

You and me both.

I'm still searching the web (when motivated and able) for a good, convenient source for a couple of good horsehair knots. Which in a way is pretty odd, as I keep reading that there are places such as Canada, Argentina, Russia, China, Korea, Pakistan and several other countries that are major sources of the horsehair itself.

• How many violin bowstrings can be made/sold in the world each year???[/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom