Hello Forum People!

Matt here from Razor Emporium. I've been a collector and user of safety razors for several years here. It always amazes me that we all come to places like this and share with perfect strangers our grooming habits and most inner wants/desires (like our Acquisition Disorders :lol: ). This seems like a great group of gentleman and I look forward to talking razors and history of Gillette, two topics that interest me greatly.

So- hello and thanks for having such an awesome board to chat in! :mrgreen:

Hello there.

At least a couple of us are ladies (soapmakers).

When we emptied parents' house I was dissapointed to find that Mum must have chucked Dad's safety razor when he had to resort to an electric razor because of cataracts developing and impairing his visual capacities.

It dismantled into a metal case about 2 inches square - the handle unscrewed from the head and then into two parts; the upper being narrower was inserted into the lower. The head had comb type teeth which projected over the edges of the blade.

He used to play hell with me when, in my teens, I used to pinch it to give myself a razorcut hairstyle.

It may have been War Office issue as he was in the 202s - an Auxiliary Unit (underground resistance) during WWII as I can't think why he would have bought it

Hi & very welcome Matt. Sharing, erm, "inner wants & desires" you say, eh ? That'll be Pigcat's blog & Sunbury's Sellotape Sharing for Sticky Shavers for which you'll be looking.

If you really wish to cause distress Elaine you may possibly add that you believe the travel razor which your Dad owned had the name Hoffritz engraved on it.

JohnnyO. :lol: /

JohnnyO said:
If you really wish to cause distress Elaine you may possibly add that you believe the travel razor which your Dad owned had the name Hoffritz engraved on it.

Not a Hoffritz (I googled images) - going by what I remember of the case it was one of these

Back
Top Bottom