Hello all

pugh-the-special-one said:
A warm welcome to TSR, always brings a wry smile to my face the Economy bit, I would love to know how many traditional shavers started with that line.

Yep, that was me too. Although with a bit of canny you can still try lots and not spend a fortune. I've currently got 6 razors (Boots own, 2 Lords, Gillette Tech, Gillette Superspeed Black-handle, Superspeed Red-tip) and the total combined cost of all of them was only £30.

Likewise, take advantage of the PIFs for blades that are doing the rounds on here - Blades are not all the same, but that's not to say that the expensive ones are the best. I've tried some of the higher-priced blades and found them not to my liking at all.

My favourite are Astra SP at £8 per 100 off ebay (Turkish seller, always seems to come good), but find SuperMax stainless at £6 per 200 perfectly good for a daily shave. Other people really don't rate either, so it seems to be a very personal thing.

But I do echo the statement about getting quite a few in once you have found what you like, as bulk buying drops the cost significantly.

Oh, and don't overlook the Palmolive shave stick. Face-lathered (rub the stick into the beard, then use a moist brush to create lather), I've yet to find anything better. Tesco have it for 50p a go at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom