Hello all

Hello everybody,

Thought I would register as I've found myself visiting this site more and more since I started DE shaving. I'm using a Parker 97R with red Personna's (although I've sent off for a sample pack of Turkish blades) and the trusty palmolive stick.

I decided to switch to DE for two main reasons:

1 - Economy, I previously used disposables which are obviously more expensive than packets of DE blades

2 - I like the idea of having a razor to see me through the rest of my life, something that will have a bit of heritage behind it later on in my life

To be honest I was quite happy with the shave from my disposables, but after having tried both ways, the much improved shave was an added bonus!

Hi MrJim,

I like the fact you have a Parker. Very few of us have one, it would be great to hear what you think... in over a year here I've never seen a Parker on a SOTD post! That's real budget DE shaving for you, quite rare.

Welcome to TSR.

Hello! Welcome to the forum - I have found it very habit forming since I signed up. It's great to be able to hear other people's experiences and there's loads of good info.
Stu

mrjim said:
Hello everybody,

I decided to switch to DE for two main reasons:

1 - Economy, I previously used disposables which are obviously more expensive than packets of DE blades

Hi there,

Yeah, you're gonna be pleased with all the cash not spent on cartridges. This 'hobby' can be very inexpensive and can save loads of money over the years. You just gotta be careful what you buy.

Most of us use just one razor and brush, with maybe 2-3 soaps or creams in the rotation. Blades are all pretty much the same, so get 1000 of the cheapest ones you can find.

Now here's the thing: You have to be very careful around here, or else the 'enablers' will do some damage to your wallet. They may seem nice and very helpful, but they have an agenda and it ain't good. These members will do their best to get you to buy lots more shaving crap! You probably saw the Sticky about not responding to certain members or to even look at their posts (the pictures can be killers).

Yep, just stay with that one razor and everything will go as you planned. There's only a few loons who use multiple razors/brushes/blades, and soaps/creams. I mean jeeez, a shave can only be so good.

Dodgy

Oh.....I should mention there was a spot of facetious humor that crept into my post. It's only fair to warn a new guy.

Hello and Welcome to TSR Mrjim...Think we all started off down the ...This will save me money road,blades are much cheaper than cartridges, etc........

Then you discover the delights of all the wonderful soaps in flavours various and delicious....the variation in blades from the crap lower end right up to the super sharp Feathers..(My favourite blades)...and the joys of a soft Badger brush...

Wonderful hobby....Oh...and you might need a bigger Bathroom cabinet and you could get comments about the length of time you spend in the Bathroom on a morning too.....ENJOY

Back
Top Bottom