HDTV quality doesn't seem much better.

Good suggestion, but they were set correctly.

I think its partly that my SD picture quality is very good, whether that be the up-scaling or the size of TV I don't know. I did watch a trailer for some documentary on BBC HD which was quite noticeably crystal clear but generally the difference between SD and HD needs me to sit a fair bit closer to the TV to see much difference.

Jeltz said:
Good suggestion, but they were set correctly.

I think its partly that my SD picture quality is very good, whether that be the up-scaling or the size of TV I don't know. I did watch a trailer for some documentary on BBC HD which was quite noticeably crystal clear but generally the difference between SD and HD needs me to sit a fair bit closer to the TV to see much difference.

It sounds like you may need to get a bigger TV, there are a lot of calculations to help you to go for the right size TV.
Unlike CRT TV's Flat Panel ones are critical as far as size and viewing angle goes, ( usually the cheaper sets have poorer viewing angle/contrast/colour depth etc).
Have a look on here to give you a starting point.......Think you may get a shock as to the size they recommend..... :shock:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000021501">http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?i ... 1000021501</a><!-- m -->

Hope it helps.
Steve

BBc aint pumping out the full hd as well at the moment,Get yerself a bluray player and a copy of planet earth if you want to show off :D Awesome..

slash said:
BBc aint pumping out the full hd as well at the moment,Get yerself a bluray player and a copy of planet earth if you want to show off :D Awesome..

They are, just not on the "Sky" satellite. It's currently in full HD on Thor (broadcasting to the Nordics). They don't seem to "get" that it's important to do the same to the UK (as they used to do, but swapped in favour of some bodged crap so they can squeeze more channels into the same space)

Back
Top Bottom