Handmade Suits *SOLD*

Hello Gents

In a few months' time I shall turn 40 and I am not *quite* as slim and trim as I once was. Also, since I was struck down with sudden and very acute clinical depression two years ago I've been on medication that's caused me to put on a few pounds. (Nothing drastic - I'm just under six foot and still only a shade over 14 stone - I don't want you getting the wrong idea!)

However, I do have two fantastic hand-made suits that are now just a tad too small for me and which I haven't worn for a while. Do I think I'll ever comfortably get back in them? Sadly, but honestly, no. And yet they are far too nice to be hanging around in my wardrobe.

So I'm offering them here first. Anyone can buy a blingy car or watch but the art of building a slick stable lather and handling a sharp blade is a skill that all-too-often passes unrecognised and unappreciated. Suffice to say that this is my favourite forum and I'd quite like a fellow wetshaver to get these suits.

So on to the details:

A Dunn & Co. three-button, two-piece suit in pure Harris tweed. There’s only two things in life that should be brown and hairy on the outside yet silky smooth and snug on the inside and a Harris tweed suit is one of them. Nicely fitted jacket (c. 42 chest); trousers (32 waist, 32 inside leg) have turn-ups and are lined.

A Gieves & Hawkes three-button, two-piece suit in a very subtle herringbone and check pattern. Fine light wool cloth, stylish enough for wearing around town yet with a very slight air of country gentleman. Jacket is 44 chest, trousers are 34x34. Slightly larger than the tweed one; if that fits you then this will, too - but not vice versa.

Each suit is £65 or I will do both for £100. Postage is £10.

Both suits have been dry-cleaned and are in 100% condition. I offer them with an unconditional guarantee and hope my standing on this forum is enough to ensure your confidence.

I’ll be sorry to see these go but I’d rather they were worn than simply admired by me every time I open the wardrobe door.

Photos added (sorry, crappy phone pictures but enough to give you the general idea)

Cheers

Ollie

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Re: FS: Two Handmade Suits

Cheers Tony!

The wife's got me on a low-carb diet (less pasta, bread, potatoes, rice etc) - all the fruit, veg and meat I can eat but damn I just want a bread roll sometimes. :lol:

Nah, I'm doing OK - especially when I think of where I was 18mnths ago.

So, the suits. Very very nice, and all for less than a M&S off-the-peg job.

They both sound just great, pity I have enough quality clobber to last me for the next few years, the fit would be perfect for me. Hope you get a sale on those quality suits.

Jamie

A Dunn & co 'arris for 65 quid! that calls for some modification to the hoover and a home-done lipo job me thinks. Mind you that would take quite a lot of emptying as I look like I've smuggled a turkey out of tescos at the moment!

Which half?

And he's bald.

Come on then Vincent - if you think you're hard enough.

You fucking wuss! I'm gonna have you. Etc etc.

(Provincial Vicar runs away, checking behind him.)

Bump for this.

I'm happy to send to any member who wants to "try before they buy" - full refund if not completely satisfied.

Bump for this.

Come on chaps - these are lovely and I'd like to think think they were being worn and appreciated.

If you think they'll fit you make me an offer.

Re: FS: Two Handmade Suits *now open to offers*

Someone please offer me something for these.

How about BOTH of them for £65 + postage.

It's not even the money so much as seeing them there and feeling that if I can't wear them then at least someone should.

Btw, I went to a wedding on Saturday. The service was easy to dress for (robes - it was in my church and I'm the minister) but the reception . . . . My wife and daughters looked great but I was in a High Street suit (Next or M&S) and it felt cheap and, well, "common".

I looked like a chav up in the dock up before the beak.

So where's best for a good off-the-peg number? Any recommend retailers or shops? Having, er, "outgrown" these two tailor-made bespoke suits I can't go around looking like an estate agent.

Pig Cat said:
Rev-O said:
There’s only two things in life that should be brown and hairy on the outside yet silky smooth and snug on the inside and a Harris tweed suit is one of them.

:lol:

The other is a coconut. Of course.

Re: FS: Two Handmade Suits *now open to offers*

Bump.

Both suits for £50 plus P&P to any member with over 100 posts.

That's £25 for a handmade suit.

Back
Top Bottom