Greetings and Happy Christmas

I have been moving backwards from electric to multi blades to DE for some years. On a whim I ordered a straight and the associated kit the other day. I had been toying with the idea for at least a year, although I have no idea why!

And in the course of my research I found this place!

Welcome. Did you purchase the razor from a recognised seller? I only ask because unless the seller stated the razor is "shave ready" it's unlikely to be.

antdad said:
Welcome. Did you purchase the razor from a recognised seller? I only ask because unless the seller stated the razor is "shave ready" it's unlikely to be.

Hopefully it doesn't breach any forum rules to name a supplier? The Invisible Edge.

Pig Cat said:
Welcome to TSR 49er! :D Is it wise to have your first shave with a straight just before Christmas? Think of your family!! ;)

If it goes the way both my wife and daughter anticipate I will save myself the cost of buying presents for them, they can just have the life assurance.

My wife's entire knowledge of straight edge shaving comes from watching Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd, she is not optimistic.

49er said:
antdad said:

Hopefully it doesn't breach any forum rules to name a supplier? The Invisible Edge.

then you should be fine! Welcome here, go easy on the shave, read a bit, and watch some videos before you visit A&E :D

Merry Christmas to you too!

Max

Hi 49er, welcome to the forum. The thing about cut throat razors is that it's quite easy to cut yourself, stands to reason really. Severing a major blood vessel however is going to take some concerted effort, so relax! You've let yourself in for a steep learning curve, but no real danger, and acquiring the skill is a pleasure. A search of the boards will turn up some good shaving videos (and a handful of bloody awful ones), and plenty of advice to mull over.

So, Merry Christmas to you, and let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom