Green Cult Steel Razor

100% Made in Austria. 100% Steel

SotD
NEW Greencult Steel Razor
Joserra Black Rose Note AS and Soap, Kent Brush.

Today I was allowed to test something new with a lot of potential upwards.

I first heard about it in the FdR forum. A small company in Austria specializing in sustainable products offered a safety razor whose handle was made of 100% stainless steel by a metal company (machining technology) in the precision area in Vorarlberg, Austria.

Initially, the head was bought, but then it was decided to also produce the head in this metal company at cost price. They have no sponsorship. Others and I are now doing this for free

Since it is a family business and production takes place directly on site, you now dare to take this step. Safety razor and handle are 100% stainless steel. The steel comes from the EU.

Mrs. Valerie Wallner runs this small eco shop. Her partner is a project manager in said metal company and his father is the owner of this company. I had a long chat with her today. Pictures and videos were shown how everything is made.

Of course there were also prototypes. The handle is serrated and turned on a lathe. The CNC head. Other grips are still to come and are being planned. OC safety razor is to follow and there are also new ideas for high-quality safety razors.

Since this safety razor has only been on the market for a few weeks, everything is still in its infancy. We all know that innovation should be encouraged. Even companies like Rocnel started out small. I remember the first Rocnel SE and what great things came over time. Long story short.

The shave was BOMB. I replaced the included Tiger Blade with a Feather. The Feather fits perfectly with these safety razors. The tigers worked too but she was a bit too mild.

How can you describe it? More thorough than an R41 but smoother than a Blackland Blackbird. Simply successful for a first work. It was almost a one pass shave and I was BBS.

No irritation, no redness, no burning. The blade is already there, but you can feel it without being angry. As I said, successful. The shape is kept quite simple. The weight of 122 grams is ideal. It is balanced and thanks to the satin finish of the head, the head glides more gently over the skin.

One speaks here of a shark fin principle, scale principle. This makes better use of the lubricating film of the soap. The handle itself feels good in the hand, but could do with a little more "grip". Let's help these small regional providers (start-up)

A few data:

Utility model protection registered.
Material: 100% stainless steel
Dimensions: 45 mm x 116 mm
Weight: 122 g
Various handle colors
There is no blade protrusion! So the blade is completely in the head and does not stick out to the side.
Costs around 40 euros.

Where to buy:
https://fairschenkt.at/shop/rasierhobel-closed-kamm/

Worlwide
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/greencult?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=811262274

- Pictures The pictures are mine and show the safety razor. Recorded with a 4K camera. Lint and minimal residue from the wet polishing cloth are my own.

42906010gz.jpg

42906011ws.jpg

42906012rh.jpg

42906013ql.jpg

42906014sh.jpg

42906015jf.jpg

42906016xj.jpg

42906017zh.jpg

42906018wj.jpg

42906019ky.jpg

42906020cl.jpg

42906021fi.jpg

42906022mw.jpg

42906023mh.jpg

42906024wm.jpg

Looks more than good for a first attempt. Do they ship to the UK as their Etsy page says they don’t?
In common with a number of European outlets, I doubt that they will ship here. The Etsy information on shipping is usually definitive. It's an extraordinarily low price, though, and a decent-looking razor, especially the black version.

I’ve messaged them and they will be able to ship in weeks to the UK. Of all the ridiculous rules and regulations we have they can’t ship here because of their name! So they are doing a run soon with the handles base unbranded! They look a bargain!

I’ve messaged them and they will be able to ship in weeks to the UK. Of all the ridiculous rules and regulations we have they can’t ship here because of their name! So they are doing a run soon with the handles base unbranded! They look a bargain!
I got that wrong, then, and well-done for pursuing it. I'll be up for one of these, but I should think they'll be flooded with orders when they get here.

Der sieht aber richtig klasse aus! Hut ab.

Why does the name cause problems? Have we banned the import of anything called 'cult' or do you need an official certification to use the word 'green' now? If the latter, that's the sort of thing I would have expected from the EUrocrats rather than us Island Apes. Mystified and disappointed in equal measure. This razor looks great and the price for a precision engineered steel razor is amazing. Even if they have to call it Purple Society, or sustainable stainless steel shaving solutions. The 5S Model 1.0... Would that pass the name test?

OK I just Googled "Green Cult" and I think I see the problem. There was a cult run by a Mr and Mrs Green, who claimed to be 'Christian paramilitaries' and they were not very nice people at all.

Last edited:
OK.

People are a little overwhelmed.

In principle, this is also a small eco shop and a small metal company.

Please give people time.

The link to the shop in Austria is now here (https://fairschenkt.at/shop/rasierhobel-geschlossener-kamm/)

Shipping to Greece is also being worked on to Russia.

Shipping to the UK is not possible due to a trademark application from a local cosmetics company.

A white label for packaging and only the logo without a name is in the works, but it will take time.

OK.

People are a little overwhelmed.

In principle, this is also a small eco shop and a small metal company.

Please give people time.

The link to the shop in Austria is now here (https://fairschenkt.at/shop/rasierhobel-geschlossener-kamm/)

Shipping to Greece is also being worked on to Russia.

Shipping to the UK is not possible due to a trademark application from a local cosmetics company.

A white label for packaging and only the logo without a name is in the works, but it will take time.
I only heard about it in your post this morning but I don’t think anyone has to worry as they are just starting out. Delivery issues will be sorted soon, a stainless steel razor for about £50-60 sounds amazing, (just guessing the delivery costs). I’m more interested in the shave it gives. I’ve never braved an R41 but the Blackbird I have, though aggressive has always given me a delightful shave. At the price it would be well worth a try.

I only heard about it in your post this morning but I don’t think anyone has to worry as they are just starting out. Delivery issues will be sorted soon, a stainless steel razor for about £50-60 sounds amazing, (just guessing the delivery costs). I’m more interested in the shave it gives. I’ve never braved an R41 but the Blackbird I have, though aggressive has always given me a delightful shave. At the price it would be well worth a try.
It all sounds great, and I'll be pleased when it becomes available. It'll also be interesting to know how they'll sell in the UK; whether direct, or through Etsy or similar. I have used Etsy from time to time, and it seems a reasonable way of buying things. I suppose we'll have the wretched VAT and the other costs, if we're not lucky.

Meanwhile, I have the MARS to look forward to.

@Bogeyman "Island apes" (Inselaffen) is the "pet name" given to Brits by the "Ethel Mermans" (I used to get called this a lot by my German buddies when I lived in Hamburg!) I have no idea whether this is also true of Austria, as I have always been too busy enjoying the effects of gravity on their magnificent mountains in winter.

It has become common for people to get all bent out of shape for the merest mention of any national epithet, but I never took offence, was just banter, especially as it would usually be delivered during a "mutual appreciation of the hosts' Braukultur", viz. P*$$-up!

Lmao at Mutley! Wacky Races was always good for a laugh, especially The Anthill Mob when they 'converted to leg-power'! Someone should have shown those cartoon gangsters how to shave though...

Last edited:
So as I’ve not heard about the non branded version I’ve decided I’d try and order for an EU Polish site that was stocking them. I asked a Polish colleague who to read the site and order it for me and she said, “I’m going home for Easter I’ll buy it, have delivered at home and save the postage and VAT!”
She said it’s about £40! I sense a bargain on my hands!

So as I’ve not heard about the non branded version I’ve decided I’d try and order for an EU Polish site that was stocking them. I asked a Polish colleague who to read the site and order it for me and she said, “I’m going home for Easter I’ll buy it, have delivered at home and save the postage and VAT!”
She said it’s about £40! I sense a bargain on my hands!
Lee,

Maybe get a few for the Emporium!

Back
Top Bottom